Prologue

A long time ago in the heart of Colombia, there was a small town. A young woman stood atop a lamppost holding a flickering candle in one hand. She sees a man standing on a lamp of his own. They smile and wave. The two get to know each other and find a house. The woman becomes pregnant, and when three babies are born, they are forced to flee their home.

Men on horses come and burn their town, so they seek a new home away from the dangers but cannot escape them. The man tries to keep his Family safe but cannot. And his life is lost, but In their moment of weakness, the woman's candle glows and grows into a miracle. They are safe in a paradise, an encanto.

The woman was gifted with a home, it came to life to shelter her and her family. And when her children came of age they were gifted with magical gifts, and their own children had gifts as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Years later the same woman yells at her son, Bruno. "How could you do this!" She yells pacing in front of him.

"I didn't mean it!" Bruno says trying to get her to stop yelling.

"How could you not?" The woman shouted back. "You got engaged to her! The one woman you knew I wouldn't approve of!"

"I, I didn't know!" Bruno tried to say more but couldn't, it was as though his words had left him.

"How could you not! You of all people should have seen who she was!"

"You didn't know either! You had liked her! Why does this change anything?! You can't say these things about her!"

"You have betrayed this family!" The woman spat, ignoring her son's protests. "You cannot be trusted with (Y/N), you don't deserve to have a daughter."

"No!" Bruno's voice broke and he sounded close to tears, "You can't take my daughter away from me."

"Her mother," the woman's face wrinkled at the word as though it left a sour taste in her mouth, "left her here, she wanted nothing to do with her. And you! You cannot expect us to trust her with your care, (Y/N) needs a proper home, I-I cant trust you anymore."

"We're a family, you can't do this!" Bruno stood and you could see the tears in his eyes.

"This is my family too!" The woman was crying too and her voice was softer as she said, "I'm doing what's best for us, for the family, for the encanto." 

Soft crying filled the room and the two looked to a basket on the bed, inside was a bundle of blankets.

"Can I hold her?" Bruno asked, The woman said nothing so Bruno walked over and held up the bundle. Baby (Y/N) looked up and her big (e/c) eyes stared into his. 

"Be a good girl, you make me proud." With these last words Bruno left the room, he knew he wasn't wanted, he had to leave. He couldn't be seen, but he didn't want to leave his family, he gazed at the Casita but knew he couldn't leave his daughter, he would always be there when she needed him, no matter what.