Dos Oruguitas

(Y/N) quickly walked through the brush, she was out of breath and had to stop. The sounds of her dad running behind her faded when she left the safety of the mountains. Now, she stopped by a river to catch her breath.

The clear water sparkled as it ran over smooth rocks despite the rain pouring down around her, and (Y/N) took a seat in the soft grass. She looked at her hands, she had never wanted to hurt anyone, she would never hurt the family or the encanto. (Y/N) had just lost control, after all those years of being seen for who she might become and not who she was had finally gotten to her.

But she had hurt Antonio and Luisa... (Y/N) felt a tear slide down her cheek, she pulled her knees close to her chest as she was overwhelmed by all the memories of all the times people had judged her because of her parents, and all the times her family had seen her as the daughter of a disgrace, and nothing more.

The sounds of water spilling over rocks and the rain splattering on the river calmed her, she let herself listen to the chirping of birds, and buzzing of insects. Twigs cracked and (Y/N) looked up, her first thought was that her dad had found her but it wasn't Bruno.

A woman stood a few paces away, she had long aborn hair and bright blue eyes. She slowly made her way closer to (Y/N), "Are you ok?" The woman asked, "Why are you crying?"

(Y/N) stood and brushed off her dress, wiping the tears from her eyes, though it didn't do much to save her makeup, which had long been washed off. As the woman took another step closer, oddly the woman seemed strangely familiar but she couldn't place where she had seen her before.

"N-no reason." (Y/N) didn't want to talk about it, especially to a complete stranger, yet, the woman didn't feel like a stranger.

"Maria?"

(Y/N) turned at the unexpected voice, her dad stood in the shadow of the mountains, his eyes fixed on the woman. Bruno took a few strides forward, and the woman gasped as she seemed to recognize him. And then it hit her, the woman's auburn hair, her bright blue eyes. This was... her mother.

Bruno and Maria embraced each other, leaving (Y/N) standing in shock. By the time her parents turned back to her (Y/N) was still stuck on the fact that her mother was here, standing in front of her. Bruno let go of Maria as he took a step closer to (Y/N),

"Maria, this is (Y/N)."

Her mothers eyes widened as she looked at her daughter., "You've grown so much." Maria exclaimed as she stepped forward to hug her, but stopped, "Can I?"

(Y/N) didn't respond and just hugged her mom, at first Maria didn't know what to do but finally she sank into the hug, (Y/N) felt Bruno join in and she let herself smile.