Chapter Four: Feasts and Disapointment

Under the conditions of their father, Jon and Lyanna were allowed to attend the feast that night. To appease Lady Stark, however, they had to sit at the very back with the young squires and the occasional common person.

Ever since her father told them that in the late afternoon whilst Jon and Lyanna were fighting with blunt swords, Lyanna had wished she would be able to sit with her siblings. She wished it for the rest of that fight, which she won, she wished it for the whole time she was getting dressed into a think, woollen white dress with a black fur cloak, and she even wished it as she was walking into the dining hall.

However, Lyanna's opinion changed completely as she sat down with Jon at one of the wooden benches at the back. Lyanna realised that they had received the longer straw when the food began to be served, the music began to be played and the people surrounding them began to chatter and laugh. Lyanna, though isolated from her siblings and father, felt like being a bastard finally had an advantage and she knew Jon was thinking the same.

"There are very few times being a bastard has paid off," Jon commented as a serving wench filled their goblets full of wine.

"Like the fact we are allowed our wolves," Lyanna nodded in agreement.

"We can drink as much wine as we want," Jon chimed in, adding another positive of the night onto the list. Their father had permitted each of his children, including Jon and Lyanna, one cup of wine each that night. However, they were sat far from Lord Stark, meaning he wouldn't be able to tell how much the drank.

Lyanna would have said how they wouldn't have to sit next to the Lannister's, but they were surrounded by squires for the royal party who may take offence. Lyanna was having such a good a good time she didn't want to say anything which would spoil it.

As servers brought food around and put plate full's of all different foods down on their benches, Lyanna saw the two young dire wolves from under the table staring up at both Jon and herself. Winter was practically identical to Jon's wolf Ghost, except Winter had a black patch on her right eye and was slowly developing black speckles on her nose and ears. Lyanna grabbed a honey roasted pheasant from one of the plates as Jon filed his goblet for the third time that night. Lyanna was pacing herself with the wine, not wanting to get too drunk.

As she ate the delicious food and drank the sweet northern wine, Lyanna watched as the rest of her family ate, sat among the royal family. Sansa had a red tint in her cheeks, obviously because she was sat next to the prince, talking to him about something which she could not hear. Arya was sat awkwardly next to Tommen and Myrcella, with no interest in talking to either of them. For once, Lyanna sympathised with Lady Stark as she was sat next to Queen Cersei whilst her husband was laughing with the king, like they were catching up for the fourteen years they had not seen each other.

"Don't you feel sorry for them?" Lyanna said to Jon, glancing over to Bran, who saw her looking and waved.

"Of course," he laughed, downing another cup of wine and Lyanna ate another small pheasant.

"Slow down with the wine, Jon," Lyanna said to him as he filled it up again. She heard a low groan from under the table, which made Lyanna stare at the two wolves.

"Are you still hungry?" Jon laughed at Ghost, who was drooling at the sight of the small bird Lyanna was biting into.

Jon grabbed the whole chicken carcass which was left on the table which no one had touched and threw it to the two dire wolves. Lyanna watched as the two laid down, ripping pieces off with their sharp teeth.

Lyanna felt a hand stroke her shoulder. She turned around to see a sleazy, drunk squire. His face was bright red because of the amount he had drank and clean shaven but yet he looked filthy. His clothes reeked of wine and he himself smelt musty. He was smiling at her and, though she had no experience, se knew what he wanted.