Chapter Fifty Four: Willas

Lyanna's chambers were very grand, better than those she'd had in King's Landing. Feather bed, with rich fabrics and fine cushions, with tapestries and paintings adorning the walls. Her room even had a balcony, it's stone walls decorated with vines looping through the gaps of the stones, the balcony itself offering a wonderful view of High Garden. The only downside was they Rey and Winter had to remain on the boat, just to promise the safety of High Garden.

"Are you sure we can trust these people?" Eryk asked as he came into her room. The two of them had been given conjoined rooms.

"I'm not sure, that's why I'm going to dinner with Willas Tyrell tonight," Lyanna sighed, knowing that although she did trust Willas a small amount already, it would be hard for Eryk to trust him.

"Just you?"

"Just me, I need you to stay with the men," she told him as she sat down at the vanity table. "Get to know Casca and Cassius, see if they know of anyone else in their battalion who could be a commander. We'll need another commander for more military advice,"

"I've already heard them talk of someone, whenever they get drunk and relive war stories," Eryk said with an eye-roll, remembering the former Second Sons getting drunk on the ship.

"Well you need to find this person, make sure he's not some over-glorified butcher like some of them are," Lyanna said with a small laugh.

A knock at the door made Eryk jump. They both exchanged at look, slightly on edge. This was the way they always were when they were in a new place, even though Lyanna had decided High Garden was safe.

"Enter," she called, to see Cassius on the other side of the door, standing guard.

"It's Lord Tyrell, he's asked you to join him for a walk around the castle gardens," she said and Eryk laughed slightly.

"He's keen isn't he," he muttered, irritated already by Willas, although Lyanna smiled, feeling her stomach flutter again.

Even though Lyanna wanted nothing more than to walk with Willas, she knew it wasn't wise. She wanted to get to know him, to spend time with him, but she was already going for dinner with him and she had only just arrived back in Westeros.

"Please tell Lord Willas that I am unable to join him just yet, but I will meet him for dinner later tonight," she said with a small sigh. Cassius nodded, and shut the door.

"Are you sure you don't fancy hobbling around the gardens with a cripple?" Eryk teased, causing Lyanna to shoot him a glare.

"Don't be so rude, Eryk!" She snapped. Lyanna hated intolerance towards those with crippling injuries, especially since her brother was a cripple. "Just because he's got a bad leg doesn't mean he's not capable of being a leader,"

"I didn't say he was an incapable leader," Eryk snapped back. "All I'm saying is that you'd be a good couple, a bastard and a cripple,"

"Eryk, what the hell is wrong with you? I've only just met him!" Lyanna exclaimed, taken back. He'd never said anything like this before, what was going on?

"I saw the way he looked at you!" He yelled. "Take my advise, Lyanna, don't, just don't get involved in love. All that happens is you get hurt,"

As he stormed out the room, Lyanna couldn't help but start to cry. This was because of Alize, Eryk was still hurting. So was Lyanna, but she was having to bottle up all of her feelings. She had an army to lead, she couldn't afford to spend all of her time mourning, not that Eryk cared about that, as he decided her lack of tears meant she had no heart.

She did have a heart, and it was tearing apart. Alize was like a sister to her. They had been together through so much. Alize had helped Lyanna through so many of her troubles, in Kings Landing and the east. Sure, when she found out that Eryk and Alize were going to have a baby Lyanna felt replaced, not needed by either of them, but that didn't mean that she didn't love her dearly. Without her she felt lost. All their journey to High Garden, Lyanna had found herself asking what Alize would have wanted her to do. Lyanna would miss her for the rest of her life.