Chapter Sixty Three: Wolf Pack

House Frey was dead. House Frey had practically been wiped out from Westeros, and Lyanna was responsible for that. Part of her felt bad, not all of them that she'd killed had been there when Robb had been murdered. However, another part of her enjoyed watching all of those Frey's die horrific deaths, and she relished in the fact she'd killed Walder Frey; this was the side of her she feared.

Sure, Lyanna wanted revenge for what had happened to her family, especially for her brother Robb, but to massacre an entire house? Maybe it hadn't been honourable, but neither had accepting Robb into his home and then killing him.

Lyanna realised she hadn't fully registered Robb's death until she came back to Westeros. Even in High Garden she had her happiness with Willas providing a good distraction from Robb, but now she was here at the Twins, now she had stood where he died, where he had thought 'this is it, this is the end' everything was catching up to her, exhausting her mentally and physically. She had missed Robb everyday she had been in Kings Landing, and confined to think about him everyday she was in the east, sometimes the only thought which kept her going was that soon she would find her brother, and everything could go back to the way it was, or at least as close to the past as possible. Without Robb, things would never be normal again.

It didn't help either when she found his bones in the cellar, and Lyanna realised that the skull was missing. Of course it was, since she found Grey Wind's next to Robb's bones, and Lyanna concluded, despite the sick feeling in her stomach, that Walder Frey had been right about them parading Robb about with Grey Wind stitched to him degradingly. It physically hurt her to see her brother, a man who had been so great and strong, someone she'd looked up to her whole life, reduced to just a pile of bones.

"I can't do this myself," Lyanna swallowed, feeling tears prick her eyes and her stomach turn. "Robb..."

"Your Grace," Cassius interrupted, breaking up Lyanna's spiralling thoughts, much to her relief. "I know how it feels, my own brother was killed a few years ago, and when I finally found him he was just like this. My brother, he taught me to fight, and said that it didn't matter that I was a gi-" She caught herself confessing to her true gender, and then let out a gasp, going bright red, before correcting herself, coughing slightly. "I'll gather the bones together and have them put in the ship,"

"Thank you," Lyanna nodded, still feeling sick. She began to walk away, but then turned back. "Cassius? I did guess that you were... like me, but I don't mind. You're the best commander I have,"

Cassius simply nodded, but Lyanna saw a flicker of something in her eyes that said she was finally being accepted for who she truly was. Lyanna wanted to say something else, but her eyes caught the sight of Robb again, and the grief chased her from that cell, her stomach fully churning now to the point she genuinely felt sick. She ran to the next cell only to find herself keeling over, gagging, throwing up what little food she had eaten. Lyanna couldn't remember the last time she'd been sick like that, it had been so long ago, but finding herself in that state caused her to break down, as she began to sob.

It was all too much. She missed Robb, she missed Bran and Rickon, she missed her father, Alize, damn it, she even missed Lady Catelyn. As she sobbed and retched, she found her heart aching for High Garden, where her love of Willas had shielded her from breaking down about everything. She missed Brandon, her little boy, the one she had mourned so much for, and missed such a huge chunk of his life.

She'd missed so much of his life whilst in the east, so what in seven hells was she doing here?

"If you think it's bad now, try being prisoner next to the rotting corpse of your king, your own nephew," she heard a voice call to her, making her jump. "Forgive me, my lady, but it's been so long since I've seen someone who's not a Frey,"