Chapter Fifty Eight: The Wolf and The Rose

The wedding date was set for a week after the two decided to get engaged. It would be low-key, small, just the Tyrells. After telling Willas about her desire to take the north back from the Boltons, Lyanna had Willas promise her that they would say their vows again in Winterfell in the Godswood with what was left of her family to bear witness.

Ned had given Lyanna away at her first wedding, but now he was gone, the honour should be given to her brother. She wanted so badly for Jon to present her to Willas in the Sept, but he was so far north. Not even King Tommen knew about this wedding in order to keep Lyanna's presence in Westeros quiet, especially from Cersei, so it was impossible for her family to get to High Garden. Instead, she had asked Eryk to walk her down the aisle. He was practically family. If Alize was her sister, then he was her brother, and it seemed only fair to ask him after everything they'd been through.

For her wedding to Joffrey, her wedding dress had been beautiful, but tight. Not once had she been able to take a deep breath whilst wearing it. This time, when talking to the tailors with Margaery about what she wanted, she made sure to say buttons and lace. The last dress was not only impractical but was far too regal. Last time she was marrying a prince, this time she was marrying her love, and she didn't have to make herself look like a princess for him to marry her.

The last wedding had been centred around her house and Joffrey's houses. She had so much pride in being a Stark -and having Targaryen blood- just as Willas had pride in being a Tyrell, but this wedding saw no need of sigils. Last time was to join houses, this time the marriage was for love. They didn't need to show off that they were from great houses to be in love.

The morning of the wedding, Lyanna woke up early, butterflies in her stomach. Her hands shook constantly as she tried to pour herself a glass of water, and even then she could barely swallow, only managing tiny sips. She hadn't been this nervous before with Joffrey, maybe that was because she didn't care then, and she was almost four years younger when she married Joffrey. Marrying Joffrey was like signing her life away, like saying there would be no more happiness for her after that point, but marrying Willas was starting a whole new life.

A knock on the door meant that her new handmaids were now waiting to get her ready. This pulled on her heartstrings, as this was the moment last time that she met Alize. No one would replace Alize for her, but she just hoped that whoever was coming now could plait hair just as good as her. When the door opened she half expected irony and coincidence to provide her with one of Alize's sisters as her new handmaiden, but instead it was an olive skinned woman around the same age of herself, and a red haired, tall teenaged girl. Lyanna wasn't disappointed, but the handmaiden simply reminded her that she still had to find Alize's family.

The new girls didn't talk much, clearly very shy, instead just getting straight on with getting Lyanna ready. When it came to her hair, one of them brought in a crown of flowers. A mix of delicate creams and soft, northern blues woven into a wedding crown with a long, lacy veil attached at the back was placed gently onto her head after the girls had woven her hair into gentle braids, leaving majority of it down, flowing out into long, natural waves. It was hard for Lyanna to remember her previous hairstyle, once mad and curly, then short and severe to her jaw. Now it was long again, but calmer, making her look less childlike and more like the strong, mature woman she is.

Then it was the dress. It was golden ivory and was long, pooling out at her feet, decorated with lacy details of flowers. At the shoulders, two long veil-like trains flowed out, long enough to match with the rest of the dress. The belt was silver, woven together like vines, but with the Stark wolf at the middle. The belt meant that despite all the finery, she could attach her dagger to it; it had been Robb's and so she wanted a piece of her brothers with her when she married.