Chapter Thirty Two: Trust, Family, Revenge

It had been three days since Lyanna had arrived in Quarth. In those days, she had earned the full trust of her aunt Daenerys. However it was harder to earn the trust of Ser Jorah, who thought from the beginning there was something suspicious about her. Lyanna tried not to be insulted by him thinking she was a spy, until he appeared at her door one morning.

Bear Island was a place I always wanted to visit," Lyanna smiled, breaking the silence between her and Jorah Mormont as he stood in the doorway of her room. She didn't look up to meet his eye as she shortened Winter's fur carefully with shears, the baby dragon curled up on her shoulder. "It seemed like a strong, honourable place, only for true northerners. My uncle said that the Mormonts could be the most loyal there ever was, once you won their trust,"

"Aye, that's true, but I bet he didn't say any of that about me," he muttered, looking at the girl curiously. 

"He didn't, but for a man who helped lead a rebellion with two bastards of his own he could hardly preach about honour," She joked, smiling at the memory of Ned Stark. He had been a good man, who hadn't deserved anything that happened in the capital; none of them did. "You didn't come here to discuss the north though, did you?"

"I didn't," He nodded. "Our Queen trusts you,"

"Rightfully so, it's all I want, to be trusted by my family," Lyanna said determinedly. "And if we're talking of trust, maybe we should discuss how you sold her secrets to Lord Varys, the King's master of whispers. If anyone deserves trust from Dany out of the two of us, it's me; I've not known her long enough to betray her like you've done,"

He wasn't expecting her to know all of that, Lyanna could tell. In fact, Lyanna was surprised she even said it, as she didn't know if it was truth or not, considering she heard servants whispering it around the keep. However, his reaction proved their gossips truthful, and she smirked almost triumphantly as Mormont struggled to find words to say.

"Y-you can't tell her, I've changed, I've stopped," He stumbled over his words. Lyanna stood, making Rey wake up, stretching her wings, shrieking.

"I know you have. You've stopped, you've changed, and that's the main thing. Just don't forsake that trust again, or I'll have to tell her; it's the honourable thing to do,"

"You are truly Ned Stark's niece," he laughed slightly.

"Daughter. Lord Stark raised me, he deserves the title of my father more than anyone else," She said, stepping closer to Mormont. She was taller than him by at least an inch and she used that to her advantage.

Before he could say anything back to her, Lyanna began to walk down the corridor, Winter at her heels and Rey still perched on her shoulder, occasionally screeching in her ear. Eventually, Ser Jorah caught up to her.

"I still don't understand why you're here," He muttered as they walked.

"I obviously didn't make that clear enough then. Good King Joffrey is a vicious little prick who thinks the iron throne was forged for him and only him. He acts like he owns everyone, and everything, and because he's King, he can make people suffer for his enjoyment, because he owns them. Joffrey is no true heir either, his father is Jaime Lannister, who tried to kill my brother Bran when Bran saw him being intimate with his bitch sister Cersei," she ranted, her voice heating up in anger. "Joffrey had my father's men, my friends, killed. He called my father a traitor and had his head cut off, not even having enough honour to kill him himself. He had me tortured in front of the whole court for his enjoyment and to make me look like an adulteress and a whore, both of which I was according to him, since I'm a bastard. He had my son murdered in an execution in front of the whole city, grinning the whole time. No true King kills his heir, or a repentant man, or has his wife hurt on purpose. No true King hurts his people for his enjoyment. Joffrey is not a true King, and so I'll support Queen Daenerys and her Targaryen claim to the throne, not just because she's my aunt, but because she'll be a better ruler than Joffrey ever could be. I don't just want to see a dynasty restored, I want revenge, and I want my family,"

"You must be the Queen's relative," he laughed slightly. "When you both want something, you want something almost impossible,"

"Almost impossible, hence why I'm here, hence why we're going to meet with the Spice King, and hence why we're going to come out if this shit hole with ships. I didn't sail all this way, abandon my family in the North, accidentally kill thirty people and my horse in a fire to be disappointed by some perfumed, pompous prat,"

***

Word count: 850

***

Hey guys!
This chapter is a little bit of a filler and the shortest one I've ever wrote on this fic, but I just wanted a chapter of Lyanna with Ser Jorah since I love Ser Jorah.

I go back to school/Sixth form next week so updates will be fewer than usual, but if you enjoyed this please vote and comment and hopefully I'll be able to update soon (unlike when I took a three month haitus from updating my first story).

~Olivia