Fresh start (1)

I look in the mirror, straightening my black tight shirt with a square neckline while I look at my black wide-leg dress pants. I wanted to look professional.

Today was my first day at the BAU, and I have given everything to get to the top. I worked as a negotiator, specifically as the chief of the negotiating team in the FBI.
Why would I choose to change to a team that wasn't my specialty? Maybe because this was my dream job. I always liked studying people's behavior, which is why I chose psychology as a major at Yale University while also studying law.

I wanted to help people and show them that in this darkness, there is always at least a little bit of light waiting for them. I used to be in that dark place, and I realized that a smile can change a lot.

I smiled at my reflection while putting on mascara. I got my father's blue-gray eyes; I always liked this feature of mine. I chose to put my brown hair up in a snatching ponytail in order to give off a more professional vibe.
I put on a Hermes belt while I took my matching bag, wearing my new YSL heels. Total black was totally the best decision for today, making me look serious and taller. I guess being a profiler changes my way of styling.

I exit my apartment and get into the parking lot while opening my car, a black Mercedes. Ah, I love that car. My house is like fifteen minutes away from the BAU, which is much more convenient than my last job.
When I got out of my car, it was 8:45. I had to meet with SAC Aaron Hotchner in order to sign some papers. It was boring stuff, but due to me being a lawyer, I'm used to it.

I get into the building and get into the elevator, pushing the button for floor 6. The elevator's doors open, and I see a pair of glass double doors that I pull in order to get into the BAU. The moment that I went in, no one was there except a blond, thin woman. She came up to me smiling. For sure, communications, I thought, only someone with a major like that would smile this way.

"Hi, my name is Jenifer Jereau, but friends call me JJ. You must be Christina West, our new SSA Agent," she says eagerly. "Yeah, nice to meet you; I'm looking for the office of SAC Aaron Hotchner." I say, "Oh yeah, of course, it's up these stares. She says, pointing at an office.Thanks, darling," I say, leaving with a big smile.

I walk to his office, and I knock on the door as I hear an eager "come in." I walk in, and I sit as Hotchner waves me to sit. "You must be Christina West, our new negotiator and SSA agent." He says it with a little smile, too small for anyone to notice, but I did.
"The one and only," I say while we do a handshake. "It's an honor to meet you, Sir," I say. "Just Hotch," he says."So I guess you know how much signing you have to do; you were a law student." He continues giving me a pack of papers. "It looks like you scrutinized my background, huh?" I say, joking in order to break the ice. "I did, and I have to say I am amazed, but for now, why don't I introduce you to the other members? he says, standing up from his desk chair. "Well I'd love to," I say, exiting his office with him opening the door. Gentleman, I hope every man here is like that.

When we entered the bullpen, the whole team was there, and I knew at least one of them. Of course we would meet again; Derek Morgan still had the same flirting smile.
When I see him, his eyes widen. "Christi, where have you been?" He says he is using his nickname for me, like old times. "Long time no see, how are you, Derek?" I say this looking at my old best friend, with whom we stopped talking due to growing up and choosing different majors and universities. "Right now, a lot better," he says as he hugs me. Oh my goodness, I missed him. All of the team looks at us, trying to find out what's happening.
"So who's next?" I ask, breaking the silence. Hotch shows me a brunette woman, a little bit older than me. "Hi, I'm Emily Prentiss. Nice to meet you," she says with a pure smile. "Christina West, the new negotiator and SSA agent of the BAU," I say, then an old man comes up to me. "Hello Sir" I already knew him because of his books, and not only from these. "I'm David Rossi; I'm so happy to finally have a negotiator on our team," he says while he shakes my hand with a smile on his face. "Christina West, well, I'm happy to hear something like that from someone like you," I say while I smile widely too.