A coffee (4)

CHRISTINA'S POV

I get out of the conference room and I walk through the bullpen getting close to my desk, I grab the jacket that Derek gave to me and I leave it at the top of his desk. I get out of the building and head to the cafe close to it, that is open all day. I'm going to get some caffeine in my system, I know I shouldn't do that when it's almost twelve am, but I prefer it than sleeping. Also, I can do my paperwork, now that everyone will leave.

"I need an extra sweet Mocha, please" I say and the worker starts making it. I just take out a ten dollar bill while I wait for my coffee to be done. I hear the bell of the door ringing, but I don't pay attention.

"Hey" Hotch says with a slight smile

"Hi, what are you doing here?"I ask confused

"Well, it seems like you're not the only one that has a lot of paperwork to do" He says, while he looks at the worker "The same black coffee"He orders

"Oh, c'mon bossy man, black coffee? Too brutal" I say and He laughs, he pays for our coffees and I am ready to protest

"Take it as a thank you, for taking the lead today, you were awesome" He says and we get out of the café.

We get back into the building, I take sip from my coffee and I tap the sixth button of the elevator. "Well, don't you have to go back to your son? You know, kiss him bedtime?" I ask confused that he wasn't already back at his home.

"My son right now, is with his aunt and already at sleep, so what's the point?" He says with a grin on his face. "It also looks like, you need a bit more help than Jack" He says while he leads me to his office while I grab my files from my desk in the bullpen.

"What do you mean?" I ask, acting like I wasn't fighting with Derek, like an hour ago.

"Christina, I know you know. Derek, can be invasive sometimes, especially with his friends, but that's just the way he is" He says trying to justify Morgan.

"I know Hotch, you don't have to explain Morgan to me, I know him well, too well, actually." I say reminiscing the days when we were hanging out.

"Please, we are not on duty right now, call me Aaron. Also, I believe that you two should talk it out, it seems like you're good friends" He says and I look up from my files the moment that he finishes his talk.

"We used to be best friends, back in highschool, after him and I left, it was like we both decided that we might have to lose contact. So now that I see him out of nowhere I-" I try to explain how I feel.

"It was too much, right? I understand you Christina, and I want you to know, that if you ever, want to talk to someone, I'm here alright?" He asks with a concerned look.

"Thanks, Aaron, I really appreciate it, that applies for you too, I am all ears, for everything" I say, starting to feel a glimpse of trust towards Aaron.

We continue doing our paperwork, writing and reliving whatever happened with Victoria Collins. It seems like she's going to be in prison for at least eight years. I send an email, to a friend of mine, back in New York that is an awesome lawyer, suggesting Victoria as a client to her. I feel like if I were her, I would want someone to help me. The moment that I send my email, I hear a knock at the door of Aaron's office.

"Wasn't everyone off, before like three hours ago?" I ask Aaron, I look at the clock it's 3:34, who was here, this late?

"It looks like, someone is here for you. Come in" he says, and before I ask, I see Derek coming in the room. You have to be kidding me. He sits in front of the door, with an apologizing look.