Part Ten

[A/N: Quick update. If you want, please check out my other stories! More stories to come as well, but I'm letting them simmer in my drafts until I feel okay about them. Feel free to message me if you would like to collaborate on stories or discuss story lines, I'm happy to help! Thank you, enjoy!]

- Taehyung's POV -

Colours dashed across the black background of my view before it dissipated to a clear white screen brighter than the sun.

'Taehyung,' she spoke, 'where have you been?' Her voice was accompanied by a melody which played softly.

I couldn't see her face, but I could recognise her voice.

'Where are you? I can't see you!' I said, extending my voice through the bright lights as I walked towards them.

She didn't answer me.

I stepped carefully, the ground was beaming white as was everything else that surrounded me. It was hard to see where I was going, but I had the feeling I wasn't going anywhere at all, the brightness was never ending.

She laughed softly, I could feel her warmth and feel that she was close. I stepped further into the bright lights and saw her. She had her back turned to me.

'There you are.' I smiled and extended my arms to try reach for her, but nothing, there was nothing. Her body disappeared into nothing.

I must be dreaming.

My surroundings then turned dark, almost immediately as if someone flipped a switch. I squinted through the dark but couldn't see anything.

Lightning struck and rain began to pour.

A bright light flashed, blinded by the light I squeezed my eyes to a close only to open them moments later to noticed I was standing on a frozen lake.

It was like the first day I had seen her through the thick trees. Distracted, I walked alongside her on the ice from a distance, smitten. Without realising, I stepped on a soft spot of ice, falling in.

I stood on the ice and looked around, she was nowhere to be seen.

A sound struck from behind me and the same pain I felt during the accident, was felt again. But I didn't fall, I just stood there gripping my head. No blood, just pain.

What the heck is going on?!

I ran.

I ran across the ice and saw her staring at me through the trees, her cold blue eyes stung my own. The ice then turned into concrete and dark concrete walls grew around me. Trapping me inside.

I reached out to the walls, they were cold, and I couldn't see her anymore.

'Is anyone there?!' I yelled, slamming my fists on the walls that surrounded me. My mind was spinning and aching with a never ending pain, I felt trapped, I was trapped. Trapped inside my own mind.

I didn't know what was happening, but I let it happen. I couldn't escape, because I wasn't letting myself escape, I didn't know how.

- Alli's POV -

My broken dreams brought me back to reality.

Light knocks tapped on my door, at first I thought I was still sleeping, or imagining the knocking. But I was wrong.

'Yeah?' My voice croaked as I sat up and ran my fingers through my now dry hair, I quickly picked up my phone and checked the time, 2:02pm. I've been asleep that whole time.

'Heya, dumpling!' A voice was heard as the door creaked open. I jumped up, knowing exactly who it was.

'Daddy!' We hugged, my mom was standing behind him smiling with her arms open.

'Mommy! You're back!' I cried with joy. No matter how old I grew, I would always call them mommy and daddy, no matter what.

I wiped my tears as I held my mom, she rubbed my back and my dad put his arms around us both in a group hug. I squeezed my eyes shut and cried with tears of happiness. My parents were back, perfect timing.

'Why are you both home?' I sobbed.

My mom smiled at me, 'I've missed you and your father!' She said as she held his arm, 'travelling is nice, but being with my family is nicer.'

'My boss noticed I had been staying at the hospital overnight watching over patients and performing surgeries, he's giving me some time off. Thank goodness, there's a kid in there for the second time due to brain injuries throughout the past few weeks! Can you believe that? I'm glad you're being safe.' My dad smiled at me and patted my head like I was a child.

Wait, what?! Taehyung? Hospital!? Again?!?

'Ah, can you please give me moment? I'll get dressed and be down later.' I half smiled.

'Sure, honey.' My mom smiled and walked my dad downstairs, hand in hand.

My heart tingled, knowing their love was still alive gave me hope, but also made me sad because there's a chance that I couldn't have a love like that.

I scrolled through my endless messages.

Nam: Taehyung is in hospital again.
Nam: Please pick up
Nam: Call me back, okay?
13 missed calls from Nam.

My heart began to sink, I told myself I was done, but I really wasn't.

I was in a dilemma.

Do I spend time with my parents? Abandon them for Taehyung? Or explain everything that happened and have them try take over the whole situation?

I just don't know.

[A/N: Does anyone else's parents call them weird names? Or food names like "dumpling" or "honey"?! Mine do! Not those exact names but similar! Also, when I tell my parents things they always try to take control...even if it's just between me and someone else, they always have to butt in and then talk about it two years after its long over! Parents never forget, that's annoying, but we love them.]