Part Eighteen

- Jin's POV -

I gritted my teeth hard as I sat on the couch in the dorm.

I stared at the static TV and listened to it buzz. It drowned out the clinking of cutlery and plates in the kitchen, Namjoon and Jungkook had been shuffling around half eaten boxes and bags of junk food, trying to find something they could cook for dinner but with no luck.

Taehyung was in his room probably bawling or thinking too much. I was thinking too much as well. I just couldn't believe that after all this she goes off with another guy, I didn't want it to end like this, it couldn't.

'What happened?' Yoongi asked as he walked into the living room.

'Taehyung saw something he didn't want to see.' I answered, I didn't look at him.

'Then why are you upset?' He asked and leaned on the couch.

'I didn't want to see it either.' I got up and walked towards the door, I could feel his eyes burning my back.

'Where are you going?' Namjoon asked as he stepped out of the kitchen, 'are you going to get food?' I could tell by his voice that he was grinning like a child.

'Pizza?' Jungkook beamed and ran out of the kitchen in a rush, catching me and pitching in a food idea before I left.

I sighed and stopped in my tracks, just before the door. I didn't want to get them food, I just wanted to go for a walk to clear my mind.

'Yeah sure,' I turned around and grabbed my wallet before stuffing it into my big coat pocket, 'text me what you guys want.'

I closed the door behind me and heard loud cheers, 'Saranghae Jin-hyung!' Jungkooks voice yelled through the dense door. It made me smile.

As I entered the cold I shivered and pulled out my truck keys, feeling my phone vibrate immensely. I laughed internally at the thought of them all yelling at each other and naming foods they wanted, I noticed it was only Namjoon texting me, so he was probably getting an earful of what everyone wanted.

I unlocked my truck and got in, turning up the radio to hear my own voice. Sometimes hearing my own voice made me cringe. I laughed and turned it down a little bit. I didn't know where I was going, it wasn't super late but it wasn't early either, it was 7:30pm.

The reason why I went out was to get my mind off Alli but she was all I could think about, I think I cared more about her than Taehyung did at this very moment. As I drove through the city I found myself on route to her neighbourhood without realising, I stopped my truck where I was and pulled over. I leaned back in my seat and exhaled loudly.

What are you doing Kim Seokjin.

I stared at her contact profile on my phone debating whether I should call her or not, it had been a while and we couldn't just throw our friendship away. I dialled her number and pulled my phone to my ear, waiting for her to answer.

The same voicemail played. She hadn't changed it. That had to mean something, right?

I hung up without leaving her a message before throwing my phone on the passengers seat and restarting my truck.

She would always answer.

I pulled my truck back onto the road and was once again on route to Alli's neighbourhood. I turned the heat up and kept the radio low.

Despite the season coming into spring it was still quite cold, I heard the ice crunch beneath the tyres of my truck, it was building up again. I continued my way to the turn off to her neighbourhood, it was a small community with wide spaced houses surrounded by fences, security cameras, saunas and spas. Rich area. The playground at the end of the street stuck out like a sore thumb, it was old but it wasn't entirely new, no children played there. We would always hang out there when we could, just her and I, before she started dating Taehyung.