Part Nineteen

- Alli's POV -

I sat in my room once again.

Ever since the accident it was all I seemed to do, then I started letting go and getting out more, but I was back in that same mind set, torn between two equally good choices.

How could he just barge in unannounced and without warning? Well I guess I was the one to blame for that, I didn't answer his call. I knew he was calling but I ignored him, stupid.

I kept telling myself it was over and I was done with it all, but every single damn time I tried to leave something always dragged me back into the never ending dark pit what was formally known as mine and Taehyung's relationship. But it wasn't just us in the problem, it was all of them, Yoongi, Namjoon, Jungkook, Hoseok, Jimin, and Jin. Especially Jin.

I had sunken the box of our memories to the bottom of the lake inside a waterproof chest, that's where it all started, and that's where it all ended. It just felt right to put it there, it gave me peace.

~

'Where are we going?' Taesung asked as I held his hand and walked through the thick trees.

'I need to put something to rest, and I wanted you to help me.' I stated and smiled back at him.

'Is there like, a dead pet in that box or something?' he laughed eerily.

'Or something.' I smiled.

We arrived at the opening of the lake and I let go of his gloved hand.

'Wow, this place is beautiful, how did you find it?' he asked, astounded.

'I just stumbled upon it a few years ago.' I said as I pulled out rope from my deep coat pockets. Taesung reeled back and raised his arms, looking at me with frightened eyes.

'You aren't going to kill me are you?' he said sarcastically. I laughed and punched his arm, he pushed himself back and playfully yelped in pain. He was similar to Taehyung, so damn similar.

'I'm not going to kill you, silly! I'm going to tie this rope to the chest and tie a big rock on the end so it sinks to the bottom of the lake.'

'That sounds pretty sinister,' he laughed and picked up a rock, 'is this big enough?'

I brought my hand to my chin and glared at the rock, 'Hmmm, bigger.'

'It's pretty damn heavy though!' he laughed, 'I'll make a hole in the ice for you to drop it down.' he carried the rock over the ice, almost slipping, and dropped it hard in the middle of the lake where Taehyung almost drowned, also where we were standing when the accident happened. The beginning, and the end.

Taesung slipped back over to me and helped search for another rock.

'We could also put a few rocks inside the chest so it weighs down, do you want to do that?' he asked.

'Good idea!' I beamed a grin in his direction.

'I know, I'm smart.' he teased and picked up a bigger rock.

'That ones perfect! Help me tie the rope around it?' I walked towards him and handed one end of the rope, I tied the other end tightly to the chest, as did he to the rock.

'Ready to sink it?' He asked as he stood up, holding the rock. I looked out over the lake and nodded, returning to him with a smile. We both walked together over the ice and to the hole he had made.

'Would you like to say a few words?' Taesung grinned and straightened his back, balling his hands on his stomach.

I sighed and shook my head.