Chapter 9

Juju and Her Sixth Sense

written by AJCrazyEyes

CHAPTER 9

The table and the entire kitchen are already tidy. Juju and Rikki are wearing slightly nicer outfits.

Karen, very well groomed and wearing a new hat, enters the kitchen with little Marianne. Karen is holding little Marianne's hand. They sit down.

They're all seated. Karen, a little nervous, stands up and proposes a celebration.

There is a special beverage on the table.

Karen starts talking:

"Cheers... Here's to our friendship. Love you girls... Juju and Rikki, we are a tripod... Since we were little children, we have been together, in good times and bad. Here's to it! So...cheers!".

Rikki is happy:

"That's right. In good times and bad moments.".

"I love you guys. Here's to it." Juju said.

The four of are happy.

They drink and begin to eat.

Karen gets up again and focuses her attention on little Marianne.

Rikki tells something in Juju's ear.

"Daytona racer strikes again.".

"Karen is unstoppable." Juju said.

Karen takes little Marianne's hands. They don't stop looking at each other passionately.

"Little Marianne...well, I don't usually take the initiative...but I'm excited, and these amazing friends...they gave me a boost... well... The world is a cruel place. Not everyone respects those who are different, but I always had Juju and Rikki by my side...Unfortunately I hid from myself in fear of what the rest of the world would think. I've always been a bird trapped in a cage.".

Karen pulls out of her pocket a paper. She wrote a poem:

"I'm not an artist like Rikki, but I wrote a poem, well...here I go...

The Gray bird and the predators

Gray bird handles the pain

Gray bird smiles, Gray bird nods

Now he keeps in silence, man

Gray bird is like a rock

Gray bird is a survivor

Damage! There are monsters here! Damage!

Gray bird defies all his predators

It's okay! Gray bird knows how to camouflage

All of us have a Gray bird inside our heart

That help us to live our lives

But we suffocate our Gray bird

'Cause we prefer to feed on lies that hurt.".

Juju, Rikki and little Marianne claps. Karen keeps talking:

"Marianne, my darling...".

Now, Karen pulls out of her pocket a very nice box. She hands the box to little Marianne.

Little Marianne opens the box, there are two necklaces made of fabric and jeweled. Karen created(manufactured) the necklaces.

"Juju helped me...but It was my idea...I like you very much Marianne...what do you think?".