Chapter 2 - The broadcaster

The attack is getting close, targeting his arm... It's too late to avoid it..

"! ! !"

He closed his eyes shut with the blinding light passing his shoulder and hitting the thing's red eyes.

*scratch!*

The thing only manage to scratch Cameron's arm with their rusty claw, he covered it with his other hand.

"-!!(ouch..!)"

It groaned in pain and is distracted, Cameron also distracted by the confusion as his hand immediately pulled and drag him behind the cabinet.

A deafening roar keep repeating in loop as it almost breaking the glass window. Cameron covering his ears knowing the noise is buzzing with it, his eyes squint a bit. His head is in mid air, what's going on? Why would there be a monster in the most safest and less populated city?

*RAHHHHHH*

"Since when do you keep that gun?!"

Cameron looked at Luna who held a grey standard gun, she calmly reloaded the gun with new magazine inside her white tote bag.

Luna did not answering his question and continue run away from the fight scene, they sprint toward the corridor far... And far..  Too far to the point he lost his breath.

.
.
.

"Huff... Puff..."

Cameron land on the wall while his body to catch his breath and wipe off the sweat on his face, his twig like feet trembled due to long leg exercise. His body isn't build up for physical activity, but due to fear and will to live, he manage to let his manly side take over.

Luna look at him while rummage inside the bag.

"You might need to go gym next time."

Cameron look at her while fixing his hair, he nervously laugh.

"It's seem there's no tomorrow for gym.."

A shot of adrenaline immediately rush into his body to give bit of speed on his leg. His eyes shaken up in fear and also confusion, his mouth blabbering in gibberish language.

It has been long time since he have a whole marathon during his time in medical department college. Couldn't let out the voice as it stucked like music box with a key.

"W- what in the monstrosity is that??!!!"

Cameron shout in nervous and fear, this is new. He never seen this before in his life. Is this a simulation? Just what is that thing?!! Luna answered it.

"It's a dog like mechanoid that supposed to help human catching criminal..."

She put her right hand on her chin, her eyes focusing on her mind.

"Just how is that thing manage get in here.."

With her photograpic memory, she realised something as there was a blood on the dog's mouth.

"That thing already mauled the owner, it seem to be infected for few hours ago... No.."

"I never seen the dog module to be that collosal unless it was modified by someone, few days ago?"

Just realising something important, Cameron raised his head in panic and immediately shouted.

"Oh no, Lucy!!!"

Luna seem not bothered by tiredness, she walk toward the metal door and put her finger on the terminal on the wall.

"She's going to be fine, she's the most trustworthy friend I know other than yo-"