Chapter 7 - Separation

*Rubine and Lykios POV*

"--__//DEVOTE US//-__--"
"_--//DEVOTE//(THEM)//"
"_--//BECOME//ONE OF US(PUPPET)//-__"

Her ear was ringing by a multiple of unknown voices spiralling inside her mind, her vision is only pitch red and unknown codes. As if she was inside a software, but where?

She tried to to focused and ignore the chants.

".. What's going on..?"

"-__LET THE MIRACLE SPREAD AROUND THE WORLD--__''

"--__JOIN US AND REACH THEM//US//-__"

She then felt a cold hand grabbing both of her shoulder, her vision slowly enlighten. Lykios was standing infront of her with concern expression, Rubine find herself sitting beside the corridor.

The voices still roaming inside her ear making her in uncomfortable mood.

"You're been staring at that corner for 10 minutes, Rubine. Are you in deep thoughts?"

Rubine speak in low tone, she try to ignore the chants that still echoing inside her ear with squinting eyes.

".. I hear many voices talking inside my head..."

She keep pressing her temple with groaning noise.

"It keep chanting something I don't understand, urgh..."

"I don't know if my hearing wasn't functioning due to that electric shock..."

Lykios pat her head, she look at him in confusion but take the comfort and lower her head. His eyes look straight into her scratches that already turn black like corrosion, the scratch on her face also turn slightly black.

"What if the virus that on all the robots was contagious to other robots... Like us."

The symptoms was similar to the previous robots they met, Rubine face up and cursed for her carelessness.

"Damn it, It's seem that I bite the bullet ."

She wants to let her confident self out and denying it, Lykios comfort her and tried to put a awkward smile on his face.

"As long we're getting back to Luna, she can help you..."

Rubine hum and nod her head, even though it could be a lie but that makes her felt better than before. She slowly stand up and walk though corridor, she put her right hand on the wall to keep her stability.

"This is fourth floor right?"

"Yeah, we're stopping for a while since you randomly sit in fetal position for no reason.

Rubine ingore her problem and briefly explain what she gathered during 3 years.

"From what I remember, there's supposed to be a security room in this floor."

Talking with that guard mechanoid seem useful than she thought, she remember the time she likes to talk with cleaner mechanoids when she's bored.

Sometimes one of them would explain the terrain of the every floor and will accidentally spill the beans about the location of the rooms, however it would turn into burning memory due to the unknown virus that evading their mind.

Rubine continued to walk while touching the wall, her trail stopped. Lykios who walking behind her frowned, wondering why she stopped out of nowhere.

"What's wrong?"