Chapter 4 - Harsh World

3 am... A few hours after the virus outbreak, the day become night as the time goes fast.

There is no more sound of screaming, crying of human. The night become completely silent, only the crackle sound of a burning ember remained, the duo were taking shelter inside one of the houses in a tall crimson building.

Luna manage to make a run far from the main outbreak place, far from infected, far from danger... For now.

Both of them resting in the main room, the glass of the window in the house already broken but still work as a temporary light source thanks to the moon light that is illuminating the room from the sky.

The tired Cameron lied his head against the wall and sighing, all he had on this hand was just medical report and gun that he used to fight against the unknown robot. His head is still throbbing due to the headache.

"(The gun is useless if it was on my hand...)"

Remembering Luna who protecting him from it, he realised that. He place his thumb on his cheek.

"..Ah.. My face.."

He wipe his cheeks that covered in soot, it smear around his face. His emerald eyes shaky, the nightmare is too vivid for him to digest it.

He softly chuckled and continued observing the medical reports. His eyes squinted a bit due to poor brightness inside the room even though he's sitting beside the window.

Luna who still in recovering state, she look at him. She remain her distance from him.

"Check your suitcase, Cameron. I think there is a torchlight..."

Cameron shake his head, his eyes remain on the paper. After a moment, he took a long sigh and look at her.

"Better save it. Plus, this medical report has nothing to do in this situation..."

"This... Is completely DIFFERENT from what I'm imagining..."

Cameron put the paper down on the floor, the main room remain dark due to electricity shortage. The house condition was rather messy and unorganized, he could tell that the owner of the house leave in hurry.

But the house still has no damage due to it on a tall building unless someone keep a robot inside their house.

"What happen to the Clinic?"

Luna silent for a second.

"The clinic was already swallowed by the flame..."

"-..!!"

Cameron gulped by her statement but then realised the reason of the fire was due to the infected. Luna look at him as she know that he has a lot of questions inside his mind.

"I don't know what kind of virus that has infect the robots but let's called it "corrosion virus"."

"Do you remember the time when the light bulb start shattered one by one."

Cameron nod his head, his eyes open wide and remember something from the TV screen.

"I remember that there was news on the TV screen..."

"..An unknown variant entered Alice Core and..."

Luna continued his phrase.

"It turn a robots into sentient being and have a cannibalistic behaviour..."

Cameron put hand on his chin, he also noticed how it happened.

"From what I know, Alice Core is responsible to control the robots right?"