Chapter 12

Emma had fallen asleep on my shoulder not too far into session three of Full House. Her face looked so funny, her mouth hung open and drooling. She hadn't moved but somehow her hair was an eagles nest. Her hand was entwined with mine as her other one rested on my leg. I leaned my head onto her's and finished the rest of the sessions before waking her up.

I gently squeezed her hand and whispered, "Beautiful it's time to wake up."

There was no response so I tried again tickling her, "Wake up vampire princess."

She punched me in the leg laughing herself awake. I smiled at her not noticing the pain of the punch, her laugh was still my second favorite sound. Her green eyes found mine and she smiled, "What did I miss?"

"Everything," I laughed my eyes flashing to the end credits of the last episode then back to her. She looked and frowned, "I'm sorry Baby, next time I'll stay up for it all."

"Is that a promise?" I smirked and took her other hand. She nodded and kissed my bruised knuckles.

Days like this with her, I could really see myself with her forever. Her and I against the world and maybe a few dogs too. Maybe a little bit outside the town until my aunt gave me the house, if she gave me the house that is. Knowing Renee she'd see the house sold to another family before she let me have it back. But right now I just want to take things one day at a time. I hadn't heard anything from Nick yet, which was strange seeing as he always texted me almost every hour. Sure he could be sleeping but that wasn't like him.
"Oh no. I've lost you again," Emma teased sitting up and softly squeezing my hand.
I smiled and kissed her cheek, "you'll never lose me."
Emma rolled her eyes, she hated when I got cheesy or so she says. I could tell by the small twitch in her lip that she had to fight a smile. I leaned over to he and licked her nose, she smiled and hit me with a pillow.
"Hunter cooties," she said with mock disgust.
"There's more where that came from," I said trying to sound like an evil villain. I wrapped my arms around her and pinned her to the couch with a smirk. She kissed me and pushed me off the couch and onto the floor.
"Why is it I'm always the one on the floor?" I huffed starting to get up.
"I like you better when you know your place," Emma teased.
"But the peasant only wants to love the princess."
"And the princess only wants to see the peasant helpless beneath her."
I razed an eyebrow, was she implying what I think she is. Emma smirked back at me, the hell she was. Damn, wonder who'd brake first? Probably me, it's hard enough to keep my hands off her now if she had her way with me- my cell went off the alarm ringtone I had set for Nick, damn it. He knew, he had to of. I sighed and reached behind Emma for my cell, she kissed my neck as I did so, not at all helping my state.
"Two words, fuck you," I said answering with a sigh and sitting back on the floor.
Nick chuckled, he knew what he'd done the asshole, "yeah well it's not like I wanted to interrupt. We got an out of town job and we sort of leave in five minutes..."
"You're outside aren't you?" I said flatly looking over at the window, nick smiled and waved, "I hate you."
"Yeah yeah I know, you'll have my head on a lance. Come on I got the impala loaded up."
I sighed and ran a hand though my hair, "fine I'll be out."
I disconnected and slipped the phone in my pocket. Emma looked at me sadly, "stay safe alright?"
I nodded and sat up on my knees, "sorry. I'll be back tomorrow."
She smiled, "you better be or else." She kissed me before getting up and letting herself out. I walked into my room and striped slowly finding my hunting gear, and needed weapons. Dressed and weapons in their hiding spots I left a note for Renee, something I'd never done before so it came out awkward and sloppy. Locking the door behind me I sighed and looked over at Nick, "Let's get this over with."