Chapter 4

I slept in till five at night and knew there was no point in doing anything for the next few hours of the day. Renee was down at the shelter all day and wouldn't get home till seven. I padded around in my pajamas cleaning my hunters gear, eating, and showering only to change into a new pajamas. Raven texted me off and on as I went around doing my lazy chores. I had just sat down with a bowl of soup and started watching Doctor who when my Aunt came home.

"Staying in tonight? Is it my birthday?" Renee smiled.

"Hey I got to be a normal lazy teen sometimes right?" I smiled back.

"Where's Nick?"

"He finally asked Mira out on a date," I replied after swallowing a mouthful of hot soup.

"Good for him. But a wolf really?"

"Don't get racist! He can date Godzilla if he so pleases! It's a small town a hunter and wolf dating is perfectly okay," I said shortly. Renee really didn't belong in our town. She was human, and very against iner-species dating.

"He could do so much better and you know it," she said her green eyes hard.

"I know that my best fried is happy and that's all that fucking matters! Maybe I will go out tonight. Hell maybe I'll go hunting! The gods know I need to kill something," I said turning off the TV and forgetting my almost finished bowl of soup. I didn't know where my anger came from or why I burst the way I did. It was true I wasn't home much so it's not like I had to put up with comments like that everyday. It was something in the way she said he could do better that set me off. She said it like she knew Maria. Renee didn't talk to the wolfs unless she had to. If Nick was with Ravin she would have no problem with it. Renee was so closed mined and thought the wolfs were unnatural but she loved the witches. That's why she was the only one to truly move away from our town. Renee only came back to take care of me. She was happy in some city in Ohio a place with no supernatural. It was times like this I wish she would have stayed there. I could have lived with Nick's family, hell I'm almost 18 I could take care of myself. The house and my car was payed off and I could get a job to pay the other bills. I slammed my bedroom door and changed out of my batman pajamas into my clean hunters gear. I sat on my bed to look at my contacts. Who do I call? I thought to myself. I didn't want to call Nick, and Raven would talk me out of my anger. Paul and Marie were out of question. That left me with one option, calling Emma. I didn't want to but I couldn't go hunting on my own, not this angered. I hit the call button. The phone rang a few times before a soft angelic voice answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey Emma, it's Jenny. Wanna go kill some demons with me?" I asked as I put my weapons in the hidden pockets of my boots and jeans. My sward hung on my back in a leather case. Two stakes in my belt loops.

"Um... sure Jenny-" she said I cut her off.

"Fantastic I'll pick you up," I hung up the phone placing it in my inner jacket pocket. I grabbed my keys and walked out of my room.

"Jenny wait, pease don't. I'm sorry I shouldn't be so closed mined," Renee pleaded.

I turned on her, "would you be saying this if I wasn't about to go out and kill things?"

She hesitated before speaking, "yes"

"No, you wouldn't. Maybe I won't come home tonight. Maybe I'll join mom and dad!" I said stone faced. It was a low blow and I knew it. Renee's face looked shocked as I turned walking out the door. I turned the key in my truck and drove off. Emma's house was on the other side of town and only a few blocks from the high school. It was a handsome house and freshly built. It looked like a home that you would see in a magazine. Emma was waiting for me on her porch.

"Are you okay?" Emma asked as I shut my door. She was really pretty when she hid her fangs. Her light brown hair was in a neat side braid.

"Yeah I'm okay," I shrugged, why was she asking.

"You just lied," she said eyeing me with her kind jade green eyes.

"Oh yeah? How can you tell?" I said leaning on the railing.

"Your sent. It's sharp. You're angry," she said casually like everyone could smell anger.

"Creepy."

"Like you having stakes in your belt loop isn't?"

"True. Didn't think of that when I put them there, sorry."

"No your not. It's out of habit."

"Stop smelling me."

"I have to breath don't I."

She was sarcastic, I would have never guessed.

"Are we going or what?" I asked suddenly wanting to be in action.

"No. Put your weapons in your car. You need to calm down. Maybe have a cup of tea," she said standing.

"I don't want damn tea I want to kill things, lots of them."

"Yeah and you probably wouldn't mind dying in the process. Now go put your weapons in the car or I'll do it for you," her jade green eyes set so much like my aunt's were earlier tonight.

I being true to my stubborn ways laughed, "I'd love to see you try."

It was the wrong thing to say Emma moved faster than my eyes could fallow and within seconds I was weaponless. She stood there holding all my toys.

"Be careful with those! My dad made me that," I sad reaching for my sward.

Emma pulled back, "we take them to your truck now."

"Fine," I mumbled.