Chapter 3

The sun had set and our plan was laid out, now we waited. The blood moon wasn't at its strongest yet and that's when the fun started. Nick and I stood ready side by side weapons in hand. Marie and Paul were on the other side of the clearing in the same stance as Nick and I. Maria, Liz, and Emma were in between the hunter teams and silently waited to change. Emma would let her fangs grow out to there full length and my wolf friends would phase. Nick and I knew this clearing better than anyone as we worked this spot each night and the demons always came in waves foolishly thinking that we would leave after killing a few hundred of them. A snap of a twig made me smile.

"Ready to dance with the devil?" I asked Nick. Too which he rolled his eyes at me. His dark hair looked almost black and his black hunter gear made his blue eyes look like ocean water during a storm. The first demon came threw the trees on my side. He was an ugly thing, or at least I think it's a he. The demon was a forsaken, nasty rotten souls of murderers. Easy, I thought to myself before beheading it with a swift slash of my sward and to ensure it didn't regrow the head I stabbed the heart.

"Off with his head!" Nick laughed as he took on his first fight of the night, a hell hound.

"Oh! So not fair! I get the lame stuff and you get a bloody hell hound!" I called back killing two more forsaken.

The waves passed and the sun started to rise. We were done for the night with a nice long weekend ahead of us. We regrouped at Nick's impala.

"Nice work everyone. Marie you may want your mom to look at that it looks deep and I think I see some purple in it," Liz said looking at our tired friends.

"Good work Emma," I smiled at her. My attempt at making friends. She truly had done a nice job not getting a single drop of demon blood on her and better yet in her. Emma smiled back in thinks.

"Same time tomorrow?" Nick joked.

"Oh hell no Jung. Not happening I'm sleeping tomorrow and nothing else," Marie gave Nick the death satire. Nick held his hands up in mock surrender. Maria laughed at the exchange.

"Well I got to get home. Ready to go hotshot?" I playfully punched Nick's arm.

"Guess so."

"See you guys," I waved hopping in the passenger seat.

Nick started the car as our tired group got into their cars. Marie almost nocking Paul over by jumping on his back.

The night sky slowly gave way to the sunrise as Nick drove through town. I didn't receive any new injuries tonight, thank the gods. Nick dropped me off and I climbed into my bedroom window, knowing the front door was locked. Renee would assume she missed seeing me come in and that I was home at a decent time when she checked in on me in the morning. I threw my dirty hunters gear under my bed to be washed tomorrow. I smiled as I pulled on my pj's and fell asleep as my head hit the pillow.