Chapter 13

"You're an ass you know that?" I growled at nick giving him my worst glare. 

He smirked and chuckled, "Yeah I know, you've told me a few thousand times." 

I sighed and slumped back into the impala's seat, we had already been in the road for two hours. He didn't say why we were leaving or what we were hunting. Every time I asked he'd just say it was 'need to know'. I was getting fed up with that answer, so I stopped asking. We were well out of town by now and things were starting to become less and less familiar, and I was starting to think this wasn't a mission.  

"Damn it Nick, what the hell are we hunting!? Where are we going anyway!?" 

"ghost, witch fair grounds, it has Raven. It also sent mom to the hospital already....,' He trailed off, his foot hitting the gas a little harder. 

I just sat there, confused and shocked and a bit angry that it took him this long to tell me. It probably had something to do with the case and I could live with that but mom was hurt and I'll be damned if I lost another mom to a stupid supernatural shit piece. 

"how much longer?"

"3 miles."

I nodded and glared out the window, I was ready to kill the dead asshat that hurt Miranda. Nick laughed at me and I turned to him, "what?"

"Hunter's weekend stupid. Did you really forget?" Nick couldn't get that smile off his face. I punched him causing him to swerve, almost completely into the next lane. 

"I hate you! You made up a story to get me to go into death mode just to watch me look stupid! Of course I forgot! It's been years sense I went!" I huffed, he may be my best friend but he was an ass when he wanted to be.

He chuckled again, "It was a joke calm down Jen. You haven't been acting like you the last few fights, I wanted to make sure you were still in there. We got a smug asshole to take down today, remember?"

My hole face changed into that of a delightful evil smirk, "Lawson's going to need hospitalization after we're done with him..... Wait! Don't we have to fight Paul and Marie too?"

Nick nodded and smiled, "that'll be cake though. Marie said they would throw it in the end, she wants to see you wipe the smug smile off James' face. Our first fight is Robert Warman and Steven...... I don't think you know him so I won't bother remembering his last name."

I thought about that, Rob was a good fighter, we sparred in gym a few times and he was almost as skilled as Nick, though Rob had about a foot on Nick, so he moved slower. I'd take him and Nick could have that steven kid. Round one should be an easy victory.

Nick pulled into the fair grounds and shut off the car, "I take it I have steven?" 

I smirked and nodded, "Let's go win this thing."

He nodded and fist bumped me before getting out and heading to the fight stage. I pulled my hair back into a tight high pony tail, it would be a nice fan of hair for at least one fight. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A bell rang and my brain went blank, my breathing slow and controlled. It really was an unfair fight, Rob's blue-gray eyes followed my movements and his dark brown hair moved slightly as he went to block a punch before he fell from a kick to the shin and my grabbing his left leg. I pinned him down with a fom knife and a few seconds later a loud bang sounded as my partner took down Steven. We were announced winners as I helped Rob up, "good fight." 

Robert gave me an awkward smile and nodded, "You too. Kick Lawson's butt alright?"

The little blonde kid, who I could only assume was Steven, laughed, "She'll mop the floor with his blood Rob. No worries."