Chapter 7

I woke the next morning on the couch with hot dog breath on my face. I waved NIck's dog off rolling over to face the back of the couch. This couch was better than any bed, the soft worn brown leather and the knitted blanket made this the safest place in town and felt like home. After Mom and Dad's death I spent many nights on this couch, not wanting to be in the same house as my aunt. My aunt cried and grieved for my parents but not in the way they would have wanted me too. Renee cried for the death of them but she also couldn't stop talking about how if they wouldn't have gone into the hunters life that they would still be alive and I couldn't handle that, so I stayed at Nick's. Here in this home they grieved my mom and dad the right way, we cried and talked about the good they did in the world and remembered the good times we had with them and we hunted. Miranda came into the living room her footsteps softer than Nick's.

"Jenny, honey are you awake?" She whispered.

I nodded not moving from my conferrable position, "not by choice though."

She chuckled, "Zia wake you?"

"Like always," I smiled moving my head so I could look at her.

Miranda smiled back sitting on the couch arm. Her long red-brown hair was down covering her shoulders that her tank top didn't. Her expression softened into her concerned mom look, "how are you?"

"I'm okay, I don't think I can handle talking to her still but I think I can manage going home," I said truthfully sitting up a bit.

Miranda nodded and didn't reply as Nick stumbled into the room obviously still half a sleep. He smiled and walked into the kitchen.

"Morning sleepy head!" I screamed after him a smile on my face.

"Your like the annoying sister I don't but kind of do have," he said popping his head back into the room.

"And you love me for it," I laughed.

"I really question why I do."

I rolled my eyes and finally got up from the couch. I gave Miranda a hug before fallowing Nick into the Kitchen.

I spent a few more hours at Nick's before deciding that I had to go home. In my truck I thought of things to say to my aunt. I couldn't come up with anything that wouldn't start another argument so I thought it would be better to not say anything. When I pulled in my driveway James' red car was parked there. I sighed not ready to deal with two idiots at once. None the less I entered my house without a sound in hopes to not be noticed. The gods had another idea for my day it seamed as both Renee and James were waiting by the door.

"Where the hell have you been all night?" Renee asked sternly.

"Nick's," I stated calmly and started to my room.

"Sure it wasn't Emma's?" I heard James' taunting voice say.

"One hundred percent sure. Last I checked Emma lived by the school not a street over," I replyed my voice dripping in hatred.

"Why were you at Emma's last night anyway?" Renee asked.

I turned around to face them both, "I went to Emma's to have someone to back me while I killed demons. Didn't want to interrupt my best friend's date. Ravin would have talked me out of it so Emma was all thats left. And when I got there she didn't let me go and hunt, instead she and I had tea and watched TV. Any questions?"

"Are you two dating now?" James asked snobbishly

"Yes, James every girl I hang out with is automatically my girlfriend. I'm seeing Ravin on the side as well, oh and I'm fucking Liz every Tuesday and Thursday too," I said with so much sarcasm you could practically see it smacking him in the face.

"Did you and Nick hunt after you left Emma's?" Renee asked ignoring both James and I's shared words.

"No. We talked. Now if you could stop the interview and toss his ass out, that would be fantastic. I'm going to my room," I turned walking to my room. I locked the door behind me. I unlocked the door and opened it to yell out, "why the hell were you even here James?"
He walked down the hall, alone. His brown hair laid across his forehead and his brown eyes were shadowed.
"I came to rat you out Jen. Lucky you came home when you did," he smirked evilly.
I pinned him to the wall my arm holding him there, pressing into his neck, "don't you ever fucking say shit like that. You want to lose the two best hunters in town? Why am I even asking that, of corse you do. You want to be the best in town, you always have. Well guess what Lawson, you're not and you never will be. Now get the hell out of my house and never come back."
I let him go and walked him to the door. I locked it behind him and waited for the shit storm to come from Renee.
"You can hunt," I heard her say from the living room.
"What?" I asked.
"You can hunt again. The lies and the fights could have all been avoided if I wouldn't have banded you from hunting," she sighed her red head in her hands.
"Your going to let me hunt? This isn't because I started a friendship with a vampire is it?" I asked leaning against the door frame.

She looked up at me her eyes revealing an inner turmoil, "yes, Jenny I'm letting you hunt so you stay friends with humans. You don't need to dirty yourself with vampires-"

"Dirty myself? That's real funny seeing as I kill things and come home with blood on my weapons. That's dirty Renee. People are people no matter the race! Hell, while we are talking about dirtying ourselves I might as well tell you I'm gay," I said sharply knowing that my brown eyes had a fire in them.

Renee's eyes widened but she didn't look surprised, "your what?"

"I. Like. Girls," I told her like I was talking to a five year old.

"Good! You wont dirty the world with your offspring. But I don't ever want you to damn yourself to hell with a vampire," She said after awhile.

"So me being gay is okay but you're going to restrict who I love? Based on Race. Well guess what Renee this is America and I can love who I want. I may not be able to marry who I love but I can still love them and its my life I pick who I love. Not you. Thanks for letting me hunt, I'm going out," I turned ending the discussion. I went to my room and texted Raven and Marie to see if they wanted to hang out. As soon as I got a yes from both I left my house. My truck being the most calming place in town.