Chapter 5

I entered the vampire din with a sigh. The home was, well, nice. It still gave off the magazine vibe that I hated but it smelled of cookies and that made it feel like home. Mom used to make Cookies all the time and I missed the smell at home, now it smelled of Italian food, which is nice but noting beats the smell of cookies. The walls of Emma's home were all painted white and the furniture was Ikea and all matched the rooms perfectly. Emma lead me into the kitchen, the walls of this room were a soft baby blue and the counter tops white marble. The stove top was set in the island there were two ovens in the wall, it all looked so classy and new, far to new for our old town. 

"Now what calms you down more tea or coffee?" Emma asked her silky voice braking my eyes away from looking around. I looked into her beautiful green eyes, in this light they were a dark leaf green. 

"Tea. You got to tell me, am I going crazy or do I smell cookies?" I said my anger already dissolving at the thought of hot tea in my hands. 

Emma grabbed a mug and went over to fill it with water, " I was making sugar cookies when you called, they're still in the oven."

"Oh so you really just didn't want to leave your cookies," I teased, where the hell it came from I didn't know. Sure she is attractive and yeah its not a town secret I swing that way but she's a vampire and I don't know a thing about her or her race. 

"No. I genuinely don't want you to get hurt. I don't have any friends here other than Maria, and I would like to make more friends. I don't think letting a potential friend die is a very good way to make friends," She said looking me in the eyes her green eyes heard. She handed me the cup of hot tea and I smiled in thanks. I took a sip and what was left of any anger I had was gone. Tea was Dad and I's way of relaxing after training or hunting, that's were my love of the British brew started. Mom never understood why we liked our British breakfast tea black she always went for a peach tea. Peach never tasted right to me but it always smelled good and that smell alone was calming. 

"Sorry about the town, its not like us. I'm sure you've noticed with two new families in town after you moved in. We just didn't know how to react to vamps. Its our own fear of the unknown and it turns us in to real asshats," I laughed taking another sip of tea. 

"Its okay Jenny, my family knew what we were signing up for when we moved here," Emma smiled sadly. That hurt, her smile was cute and the sadness made her look like a kicked puppy. 

I quickly changed the subject, "So what do you want to do? No anger in me just crazy, can't get rid of that I'm afraid." I laughed awkwardly, way to go just be an awkward taco like always perfect way to make friends you idiot!

"Maria tells me you're a whovian?" She says it like a question, like she thinks it's to good to be true. 

"Are you in the know with the madman in a blue box?" I asked with a smile on my face.

"YES!" She screamed with joy, "I can't believe you're a whovian. I mean i just didn't peg you as the nerdy si-fi type."

I cocked my head, "What did you have me pegged as?"

She looked down and a blush came to her pale skin, "Well the bad ass hunter scary movie type, the type to hate on si-fi and nerds like me."

I laughed putting my head down on the cool island my hole body shaking with laughter. 

"Stop it, I was wrong okay?" she sounded really embarrassed and I tried to stop my laughter which only made me laugh harder. 

"I'm sorry," I said between laughs, for the life of me I couldn't stop.

"please stop," Emma begged now laughing at me. 

It was a few minutes but my laughter finally died down. I was red faced and breathless and Emma had tears of joy staining her face.