Letting It Slip

Logan wasn't really a fan of these types of interviews. The ones where he was trapped between a desk and a microphone and everything he said had to be measured and cautious. To make it worse, it was a solo interview, which meant none of his friends got to tell him to shut up when he had said too much.

His earphones seemed to like slipping off of his ears so that Logan had to hold them awkwardly to keep them covering his ears, because they were his only mechanism of hearing what the interviewer on the other side of the panel desk was saying. And Logan wished he couldn't.

"You've worked with some pretty gorgeous women in your career," the interviewer began his next question, his greying blonde curls matted down against his forehead. Logan didn't like where the question was going. "Who would you say is the scariest to work with?"

Logan had to smirk at the question. It was true, he had worked with the most influential and talented and beautiful women of this generation, however he wasn't sure how to answer without insulting anybody or coming off as rude or inflating anyone's ego.

Without thinking, words tumbled from Logan Lerman's lips. "Definitely Alexandra Daddario." He nodded, smiling at the sound of her name, "not her personally, and although I still 'can't look her in the eyes,' she's not scary. But I'm constantly terrified that I'll kiss her in publ-"

Logan slammed his jaw shut in the instant he realised what he was in the midst of saying. But it was too late. The damage had been done. The radio host raised his eyebrows, incredulous, but Logan refused to say another word and hightailed it out of the studio, shouldering his jacket before he could incriminate himself any more.

~

Logan rushed in the door of his home, swearing under his breath, his right palm red from slapping the steering wheel too often in annoyance with himself. "Al?" He called out, knowing that his girlfriend would be in the house, probably sitting at the piano. Or in the shower. Or maybe she was out. "Al, you here?"

Logan was greeted with the sight of his girlfriend, still wearing her pyjamas, revealing her figure to him from the kitchen. Logan couldn't read the expression on her face as she asked him how the interview went.

Logan looked to the floor, then, deciding on his confidence, he looked back to her smirking eyes. "I said something I shouldn't have." Logan phrased carefully.

Alex approached him slowly and Logan couldn't help but get caught up in the slow, sensual swing of her hips. Once she reached his still form, Alex pressed a comforting hand to her boyfriend's chest. "I wouldn't say it was something you shouldn't have said." Alex murmured as she placed her lips on his.

Logan raised an eyebrow at her, not really wanting to pull his lips away from hers. "Oh yeah?" He asked.

Alex copied his question but paraphrased it as a statement. "Besides, now you can make your move."

Now Logan was even more confused. Alex raised her eyebrows, smirking, they had been talking about this the other day and he honestly went and forgot it now. In a second, Logan was on the same page as his girlfriend.

"Is that a yes?" He asked, getting caught ahead of himself. Alex simply kissed him in reply. But the kiss was something different, something new. It was desperate and passionate and loving and longing. "We should have done this a long time ago, huh?"

No one could say they were surprised when Logan Lerman and Alexandra Daddario announced their engagement a day later.

A/N: I'm really upset that in France, the fence that houses the "locks of love" has actually been taken down for fear that it could be used by terrorists.