𝗪𝗢𝗡𝗞𝗔 ᴡᴏɴᴋᴀ

A NEW FACE
———

chapter two

Y/N stood near a light pole as she watched the scene from afar. Her eyes lit up in amazement as she watched the group of people had themselves lifted from the ground. And not just from anything. From chocolate! She'd never seen anything like this before. She wondered why the strange man was advertising something as amazing as this to such town. Was he creating something? Y/N knew she had to apart of it one way or another.

She followed the male, trying her best not to be seen by him. She was able to successfully do so as she stood in his yard, calling out to him with the biggest smile—She doesn't find what she did creepy in the slightest—. At the sight of his face, she knew she had to find a way to work for him or be apart of whatever he was planning. She wasn't sure if it was because of his attire—wearing a white coat over his white buttoned shirt and red necktie with a pair of jeans and oxford shoes— or if it was his face that she sensed a comfortability with. However, looking at his shoes, she knew he had at least couple dollars on him, so she had to find a way to work with him.

After conversing with the scientist, Y/N skipped her way back to her home—which was just a tent in an alleyway—and searched for an outfit that can at least take the role of perfectionism for Senku. She grinned at what she thought would be the perfect outfit to impress Senku.

~~~

Senku walked out of his house with a wide smile. There was a lot he had to do today. He had to buy a few ingredients for his chocolate and try to at least look for a job to gain money for his store. For now, he'll start with the easy part first.

As he began walking away from his door, he halted in his step as he recognized the person from yesterday. "You," he muttered, but she only smiled.

"Hi," She waved. "You told me to come so I came." She shrugged, a wide smile on her face. "I'm Y/N by the way."

Senku only stared. His eyes traveled down to her black blazer as it covered her slightly dirty pink dress. His eyes stopped at her dirty, white converse and dirty, white socks before looking back at her. He smiled. "Follow me."

"O-okay." Senku began walking ahead of her as Y/N tried her best to catch up. "So," She started, finally reaching up to him. "M-my name is Y/N like I said and I'd like to work with you."

Senku hummed. "Do you even know what I do?" He spoke and Y/N was taken aback by his response.

"I know it's something with chocolate. Advertisment?"

"No."

"I-I." Y/N stumbled over her words. She had already messed up.

"How could you work for me when you don't even know what I do?"

"I'm pretty sure no one knows who you are.." She muttered. but Senku heard. He stopped in his tracked and turned to stare at the girl, which startled her.

"You're right, but that's where you're also wrong." He faced himself back to the front and continued his walking. "You see, I'm sort of a magician, an inventor, a chocolate maker. Oh, and I'm also a scientist."

"Wow," Y/N breath out. "Then you're probably really rich.You have to let me work with you—for you!" She pleaded. Senku saw the desperation in her eyes and making aware the clothes she had on, her desperation was justified.

"I'm not rich, that's where you're wrong." Y/N faltered in her action at his words. "But I will one day, so..." The young woman waited impatiently for what the man was about to say, however she tried her best not to show it. "I guess we can work together. You can be my assistant."

"Oh my gosh!! Really? Thank you!" She kept into the arms of the chocolate maker and squealed. "This is the best day ever! I am so grateful.. uh... I'm sorry," She removed herself from his arms. "I never got your name?"

"I'm Senku Ishigami. Remember that."

"Senku Ishigami." Y/N whispered to herself to get the feel of the name. "Senku Ishigami." She said much loudly, making the man look at her in confusion. "Can I stay at your house since I'm working for you? Don't you think it'd be better?"

Senku face distorted into one of discomfort. "What?"

STARTING TODAY
———

onto chapter 3...