𝗪𝗢𝗡𝗞𝗔 ᴡᴏɴᴋᴀ

BUSINESS
———

chapter five

Y/N awoken from her slumber with a yawn. Her eyes jumped around the room as she noticed the newspaper she was using for reference was set neatly on the small table before her.

"Mr. Ishigami must be home," she sat there in silence as she debated what she should do until her boss got to her.

She had already searched for a few participates that can help with Senku's dream building. Or at least drafters. She wasn't able to find any builders that were suitable so she thought she'd just have to go out and look for them herself. She had a big personality anyways, so it'd work just fine.

Her head moved up as her ears caught a bit of noise in the distance. She realized it was Senku, who was walking down the hallway while rubbing his tired eyes. He had just woken up and Y/N couldn't help but smile at the sight.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Ishigami."

The man mumbled. "It's noon already?" The young adult watched as her boss made his way to the kitchen. He opened the cupboard and took out a box of cereal—coco puffs—as well as a bowl and a spoon—don't forget the milk.

"Yes, sir." Y/N answered his rhetorical question. She stood near the counter and continued speaking as Senku made himself a bowl of cereal. "I was able to find a few draftsperson to help with your building design." She went over to the table in the front room and grabbed a few newspaper to show off to Senku. "Well, I'm assuming. I saw a number and I called them. It looks like they're pretty popular for designing many big companies. Crush candy for example."

"Crush candy, huh?" The woman nodded her head. "The CEO is my sponsor."

Y/N's jaw dropped. "What? Really? How much money exactly?"

"Five hundred thousand." He shrugged like it wasn't a big deal, but Y/N knew better. She didn't think it'd be that much. She didn't think it'd be possible to gain such amount in a day. No, in one sitting.

"What will you be doing with that money?"

"I'll use it to pay the workers and buy some materials."

"Oh wow..." Y/N went silent for a moment which concerned the scientist a little.

"What is it?"

"Well..." The woman was hesitant to speak. She didn't want to seem persistent about it but she was just curious. "How much.. am I getting pay?"

"Well, starting pay is usually two hundred, forty-five dollars."

"That much?!"

Senku looked offended to that question—but he wasn't. He was just taken aback. He then cleared his throat and answered the assistant.

"Yes. Is there a problem with that?"

"That's a lot of money! I've never had that many before!" The woman shamelessly admitted. "I've worked many jobs but was never able to receive such amount."

"What? Really?"

Y/N nodded her head. "I've helped cleaned the city but was never given much payment. Probably two dollars an hour, which wasn't much. Couldn't buy even a meal with that." Senku watched as her expression became gloomy as she revealed her story to him. His mind went back to the day they first met—how she was dressed in a dirty, almost reasonable, attire. He wondered if the lack of money was the reason why she looked like that. He also began thinking about how and why could she be so poor.

"Well, it's a good thing you have a real job now." The scientist ate the last bit of his breakfast and placed the bowl and spoon into the sink. "Now get ready, we're going to meet those drafters."

Y/N nodded her head and began making her way to the bathroom but paused in her step in realization. "I didn't bring any clothes with me.." She nervously chuckled. Senku only hummed and walked passed the woman to his bedroom.

"You can just wear this." Y/N heard his muffled voice as she waited in the corridor. Senku finally stood out of his room and handed her a large shirt with a belt. "Style this however you want."

"This shirt looks a little too big.." The assistant took the clothing from her boss' hands and stared at it. "Even for you..."

"Well, it's my dad's shirt so it's bound to be bigger than mine." He shrugged it off and Y/N only nodded at his statement. "Now be quick so we can get going."

"Right. Sorry, sir."

~~~

Y/N and Senku stood in front of a large building. Y/N stared at her boss after staring at the structure for what seemed like forever and tilted her head toward the entrance.

"Should we go in?"

"Yes," He opened the door for the woman. "After you." The young adult gave the chocolate maker a smile and went into the building before him. "Ah, a receptionist." He said after walking in himself. Y/N followed after the man as he began speaking to the older adult behind the desk. "Excuse me, I have an appointment with Ms. Ogawa?"

"Name?"

Y/N spoke up. "Y/N.."

The receptionist nodded her head in acknowledgment and began typing on her computer. "Alright, Ms. Ogawa will be with you shortly. Please take a seat over there." Senku followed the woman line of sight and made his way to the sitting area. Y/N sat comfortable next to him as they waited patiently to be called.

"This is so exciting." Senku heard his assistant mumbled. He looked over to her and saw a large smile on her face—she was definitely excited. More than him.

"It is, huh?" He hummed. He was too smiling at the thought of everything falling into place.

"I've never thought my life would take this turn. Working with an amazing person and exploring more than just the same old place—I've prayed for this day."

"You make it seems as if you had a bad childhood." He meant it as a joke, but he should've knew better than to think that way.

"Had a bad childhood? I've barely had a childhood." She scrunched the shirt in her fist as the memories of her past began to invade her brain. "I was left alone at a very young age. I had to fend for myself. That's why I'm so poor and was so—"

Senku placed a head on her head and gave it a pat. "It's alright now. You're living with me and you've already got a well paying job. Maybe the past was there to help you with the future you wanted or needed. Who knows what you'd be like if you had everything you wanted already? Maybe.. you wouldn't have met me either." He tried to joke on the last part, but Y/N thought really hard about what he said. What would her life be if she hadn't met him exactly? Would she still be living in the street, while asking people for spear change? She didn't want to imagine it no more. Senku was right. Her future was here. It was now. She shouldn't think about what already had happened, she should think about what she should be doing. So she smiled.

"Thanks, Mr. Ishigami. I feel a lot better."

His hand was still on her head as she spoke. "I'm glad."

There was silence amongst the two now. There was no awkward silence, though. It was  a comfortable one. Y/N felt like she had grown closer to Senku with her little story and she hope they can become closer in the near future.

"I—"

"Y/N," The two young adults quickly stood on their feet. "Room 202. Ms. Ogawa is waiting."

CLOSER
———

onto chapter 6