001

CHAPTER | 001-ᴘʀᴇꜱᴇɴᴛ-

CHAPTER | 001
-ᴘʀᴇꜱᴇɴᴛ-

"NO! i disagree with this! you can't have me marry a stranger, father!" lucia yells. "he is a good man, lucia. once you get to know him, you will fall for him" the man said. "i won't!!! father, you only care about the company. how could you give away your daughter!?! do you even love us?" she asked. "i am not going to argue with you, lucia. you will be marrying your fiancé and that is final" he said. "i hate you!" the girl shouts before rushing out of the room. lucia bumps into her sister. "(y-y/n)..." the girl breaks down into tears. "what's wrong" you asked as you pulled lucia into a hug. "f-father is making me marry someone who i don't love...how could he do that?" she cries. you rub her back and comfort her. "father just wants what's best for you. allow me to talk to father about your engagement. im sure he will listen to what i will say" you said. "h-how could you accept your engagement when your fiancé is having an affair?" she asked. "because i don't expect love from him. he will never love me and i am okay with that. all i need to do is be his wife like our parents want us to be" you replied. "don't you want true love?" lucia asked. "i already do. i have you, grace and mother" you wipe her tears. "now why don't you get ready for dinner" you smiled. she nods and walks off to her room.

you stared at the door of your father's office and sighed before knocking on the door. "come inside" you heard him say. you open the door and walked inside to see him drinking his glass of wine. he stood up from his chair and walked over to you. "i told you to control your sister!" he slaps you. "you and i made a deal! i would do everything you say as long as my siblings get to live their own lives!" you replied. "the man who lucia is going to be married to is very wealthy. he will help us expand the company. don't you want what's best for your siblings" your father asked and you remained quiet. "then convince your sister into marrying her assigned fiancé" he whispered into your ear. "you are dismissed" your father sat back down. you nodded and walked out of the office to see the head butler. "please do not tell lucia what you heard" you said and he nods. "of course, miss (y/n). the maids are in your room ready to get you ready for dinner" he said. "thank you" you walked towards your room.

~

as the maids were fixing your hair, your eyes widened when you heard yelling and gunshots. you stood up and rushed to the window to see the bodyguards dropping down to the floor, dead. the maids start panicking yet you grab and pull them into your dressing room. "stay here and don't move if you don't want to die. i will be back soon as i check on my mother and sisters" you said and they nodded. you left your room and rushes to lucia's room to see she wasn't there. you then headed to grace's room and she was there either. fear rose in your blood and you rushes downstairs, hoping they're still alive. "w-who are you! what do you want from us!" you heard your father yell. you walked into the living room to see your mother hugging your sisters with guns being pointed at their heads. "it would be smart of you to not pretend that you don't know korean or else your wife and daughters gets it" the voice said. "what do you want from me and my family? we have no connection between you" your father said. you hear the person chuckle and they walks out. "im not a fan of people who lie to me" he said.

your eyes darkened when you saw it was him. "what do you want from me, jungkook" you asked. "do you know this man, (y/n)?" your father asked. "you didn't tell your family about me? that breaks my heart" jungkook said. "yes. he was a former classmate of mine back when i attended busan private academy" you replied to your father. "jungkook, leave my family out of our business. it's me you really want. there is no need to hurt them" you said as you walk up to him with your hands in the air. "let's go talk about it outside, okay" you suggested and he agrees. "keep an eye on them" he informs his men. you and jungkook walk outside to the garden. you led him to the gazebo and got down on your knees. "im begging you. please don't kill my family. yes, i lied and ran away so don't hurt them" you begged. jungkook smirks seeing you like this. "and how are you going to repay me?" he asked. "i'll do whatever you say as long as you don't harm my family. i won't run away like before" you said which made him smile. "get up" he ordered and you did. he stares at your figure. you have become more beautiful. you no longer look the same as you did six years ago. his younger self would have never thought he act like this for a girl. "do it" you heard jungkook say and then a few seconds later heard gunshots being fired. tears started rolling down your eyes as you were being pulled closer to the man who killed your family.

"you called a 'spoiled rich brat' before..."

"do you still think i am?"