11 | Lost And Found

DIANA
***

"I'm so sorry, Ana. You can stay as long as you need." Isabella reassured me.

"I just don't understand why he'd do that to me," I said, my voice just above a whisper.

My mind was racing as I tried to make sense of Alejandro's actions, which hurt me more than his words. Although I wanted to forgive him, I knew that there was no excuse for what he did. It was a battle in my head between my love for him and the pain he had caused me.

"I do everything he asks. And I love him, Isabella. I love him." My heart weighed heavier each time I spoke.

"I know. Don't worry Diana everything will be okay," She grabs ahold of my hand.

"You know, you don't need him anyway."

"You're hot, you're young, and you have an entire life ahead of you, okay?" She laid her head on top of mine as I continued to silently weep.

"I don't want anyone else," I confessed, my voice just above a whisper.

She releases a sigh, tightening her embrace.

"How about we talk about something else- Maybe like what happened at work to take your mind off of it."

"It was awkward, because of something that happened before,"

"Now you know I'm gonna ask you to explain further right?"

I laughed through a sniffle, already feeling my mood being lifted.

"I went out to an old pizzeria with my boss."

She hummed, giving a sign for me to continue.

"My boss is a childhood friend of mine I met through my mother," I explained, "I met him when I moved to New York. I just entered high school at the time. My mother's best friend lived in Manhattan with her husband. So we'd visit them from often."

A wistful smile graced my face despite my previous emotions.

"As soon as we met, it was this connection we had. I never felt it with anyone else after him. He was my first crush, best friend, and kiss."

"He was a big part of my life... until he wasn't. He was the only friend I had for a while. I stayed in Brooklyn for almost three years but one day my mother told me we had to move, and till this day I still don't know why."

"How'd you feel seeing him?"

Before I realized it, he occupied much space in my mind. The thoughts about how he'd comfort me, and speak to me in moments like these. Subconsciously, I longed for his presence, more than I wanted to admit.

"I was surprised to see him. I never thought I'd get the chance to." I explain. "He's still himself just more mature and older."

"You look like you're just in awe, talking about him." I chuckle.

"It was nice seeing him though. He even asked me out to dinner at his to catch up."

"Are you sure it's just to catch up?"

"Yeah, of course, what else would it be for?" I question.

"Oh, I don't know." She mutters, a smile evident in her tone.

"Besides that, I have a surprise for you." She rises from her comfortable couch and pulls me to her bedroom where two black mid-thigh length dresses with low v-cuts lay on her bed.
I look between her and the dresses, "What's this?"

"Our dresses for tonight." She puts her hands on her hips.

"Oh no. Bella, I can't," I waved her off.

She tilted her head, "You're going out tonight, to have fun, okay?"

"F.U.N." She spelled out.

"A night to not think about Alejandro, work, or your problems" She attempts to persuade me.

I sigh, knowing I'm not gonna deny her.