Chapter 1 - The place that became a nightmare!

It was evening time. A boy with brown hair curled in two small swirls was walking in a place with his mother holding her hand. Little Tenma loved his mother very much. But he saw a puppy that got stuck in the boards.

— Mom, look there's a little puppy. — Little Tenma exclaimed and ran to him to help him out.

— Tenma-kun! She shouted after the fleeing boy.

Matsukaze was trying to free the puppy when suddenly the boards fell on him. A hooded man who was passing by noticed the falling boards and decided to help the boy. He kicked the ball that enveloped the fire vortex. The ball rushed towards the boards, before catching up with the falling boards, the guy noticed a blue glow that formed in the boy's ass. The glow engulfed Tenma, leaving only the puppy in the place that the guy picked up, taking him in his arms. The woman ran up to the guy, hoping to see her son unharmed, but ... except for the guy with the puppy, she did not see her child. In grief, the woman knelt down, tears welling up in her eyes. — T—Tenma!

— I'm sorry, ma'am, but I didn't have time ... Tch... — the guy was angry at himself. — Take this, your son wanted to save this puppy. — Said the stranger, giving the puppy to the tearful woman. —I'll find him, I promise... — the stranger said finally and left in an unknown direction.

***

Tenma found himself in a strange place. It looked like a laboratory, then a man in a white coat came up to him. After getting down on his knees, the adult man asked the child that he was looking at the room. — How old are you? His voice sounded rather stern. Matskuse shuddered a little, but showed five fingers on his right hand.

— So, you're five. The man spoke in a thoughtful tone. — You're out of luck, kid. — From now on, this will be your new home.

Hearing this, tears appeared in Tenma's eyes. — I want to go to my mom! — He said sobbing.

— I'm sorry, kid, but you're going to have to put up with your new place of residence. A man in a white coat said, taking him by the hand and dragging him into the cell.

— I don't want to! Tenma began to protest; he did not want to go anywhere with a man they did not know. — But no one asks him. The man put the boy in a dark cell and said:

— This is your new home now. You are a very valuable specimen. — The man replied, closing the camera.

Tenma looked at the man in the white coat with plaintive eyes that were about to start crying. Tenma's cell was empty and cold. The walls were made of dark brick, and the floor itself was made of cold stone.

He didn't know where he was or what was wanted of him. The only thing the child wanted in this situation was to return to his parents.

Little Tenma was scared, he quietly examined the small cell in which he was put by a man in a white coat. He was alone there. Matsukaze sat in the farthest corner and hugged his knees.

Day after day, there were unbearable white coats procedures, constantly checking for the presence of some gene that was dangerous for ordinary people. They also watched the behavior of a boy who was from another time. A year later, they put Tenma in a shared cell, where there were still children. They were interested to find out how a child from another time would behave with children from their time.

When Tenma entered the cell where there were several children his age, he didn't really want to contact them. All he wanted was to go home and stop the unbearable pain.

One of the boys, who were sitting opposite each other, noticed the boy who entered their cell. - hello! — The boy said, Tenme but Matsukaze just didn't say anything. He found the corner that was the darkest and sat down in it. Burying his face in his lap, he began to cry softly again.

— It looks like he hasn't been here long. —One of the boys said.

—That's right, — the girl with the green hair replied.

— We'd better not touch him. — Said Giris, fix your glasses. — Damn, it's not comfortable in them... But these white types said I should wear them....

—You're supposed to have bad eyesight. — The girl asked again.

A nervous laugh. —But you're right. —Little Giris replied to his interlocutor.

— We've been here for a year, how long are they planning to keep us here?

— I don't know... They're unlikely to let us go... they need our genes for experiments... —said Giris. This kid was smart beyond the weather. During the year he spent here, he understood a lot. And he could manipulate these people. Therefore, he and his partner were not touched at all.

— Giris, his clothes are very strange! — Said the boy who had previously sat opposite Giris.

—I told you not to touch him! —Abruptly pushing away the boy with the green hair.

— But Giris...

— Not what kind, but Fairies! Remember, you behaved exactly the same way when you got here, the first time. —Giris reminded him.

— Tch... found something to remember... — the green-haired boy was indignant.

***

Three years later, Tenma was imprisoned by these people. He didn't really communicate with the new neighbours. However, with the Fairy, he still stroked over time.

—Tell Fai, are we going to go home at all? —Eight—year-old Tenma asked his friend.

—I don't know...— the drooping boy replied.

When Tenma heard that a man was coming, he immediately sat down and buried his face in his knees, covering his ears so as not to hear the approaching man:

—No need! I don't want to! He said those words over and over again. —But the man still took the boy by the hand and dragged him along.

— You still haven't reconciled with your envy, you stubborn one! —The man said, looking at the child. — You have nowhere to run! You are not made for our time; you are a stranger here! —The man in the white coat said with all the severity in his voice!

Little Tenma heard these words all the time when he was being led to another torment. —These words stuck tightly in Tenma's head.

—Even if by some miracle you come back, you will also turn out to be an outsider!— Said the man.

The boy's eyes dimmed more and more every day. He didn't believe in miracles... all he had from his mother was his pendant with her picture on it.

***

Two more years passed, and Tenma and his cellmates were 11 to 15 years old. It had been a long time since they had seen the white light that was on the streets of the city. Their clothes were already worn out, and the one they were given was out of size and all worn out.

— Giris, who was the oldest there, found entertainment for himself. He made a round ball out of old clothes that looked vaguely like a ball. The ball that the kid made cheered Tenma up a little. But the kid still felt homesick.

One day, there was an explosion in the programmer's laboratory and teenagers of 14-15 years old with weapons entered the punched hole.

***

Notes:

And again, I come up with ideas based on something, hd) However, in my version, I want to focus on reflecting Tenma that he does not belong to the wrong time, not his own. Tsurugi will help him cope with these experiences. I don't know yet if it will be Tsurugi/Tenma, so I'm not marking their pair yet)

Oh, and the cover came in handy!)