ΓHIЯΓУ FIVΞ

"That villain stuff sucked, sure," Kirishima commented as the lunch bell rang, Cementos having just exited the classroom. "But I'm pumped for these games!"

"We put on a good show and we're basically on the road to being pros!" Sero elbowed him with a grin.

"Yeah, this is why I'm even here in the first place," Sato cracked his knuckles as Tokoyami nodded. 

"We get so few chances, we have to make the most of this."

"My, what's a boy to do?" Aoyama did a bunch of poses. "I stand out even when I'm standing still. That means the scouts won't be able to take their eyes off me!" He gave Koda a look. "Don't you agree?" The victim of the fake french nodded quickly. 

"Ugh, you're so lucky Shoji. People are bound to notice your unique quirk," Kaminari commented as he sat on a desk as Jiro, Yaoyorozu and the person in question were around him. 

"Sure but what matters is that I show them how useful I can be," The dupiarmed student exacted, and Jiro smirked. 

"No doubt you'll make a scene too," She snickered at Kaminari as he growled at her in turn. 

"This is gonna be nuts," Midoriya noted as he saw his classmates' reactions. "Everyone's so excited.."

"Well yeah of course we are," Tenya sprung out of his seat. "We enrolled at this school with the sole aim to become heroes!" He made some moves. "So naturally we're all getting fired up."

"Wow Iida, those are some interesting moves," Asui commented. "Ribbit."

"You have to be excited too, right Midoriya?" The class rep made some motions with his hands as he sort of put the greenette on the spot. 

"Well yeah of course I am, and also nervous.." He looked up at the ceiling. 

"Deku.. Iida," Uraraka gained their attention, looking a bit off. "Let's do our best in the sports festival."

"Uraraka, what happened to your face?" Midoriya was on guard with his eyes wide as Tenya adjusted his glasses curiously. 

"Seriously, what's up?" Ashido asked. "You're normally like the most laid back girl ever."

"EVERYONE!" The girl got into a pose a bit more hardcore than Aoyama's from earlier. "I'm gonna do my best!" She yelled. 

"Yeah!" Several people around her cheered, but some didn't, so she turned to face them. 

"I said I'm gonna do my best!"

"..Got it," Kirishima and Sero sweatdropped along with Sato and Tokoyami. "You okay? You kinda look like you're losing it.." It was then that Tenya turned his eyes over to where Rui sat, seeming to be in deep thought. 

"Rui!" The class president called as he moved over to his friend, causing the brunette to snap out of his head and look up. 

"Oh, hey Tenya, what's up?" Rui plastered a smile on his face. 

"I just wanted to check in with you, since earlier in class you said you basically had no clue what the sports festival was," Tenya smiled gently with his hands on his hips, causing his friend to nod. 

"Right, that. Yeah, honestly, I'm still not sure what it is. Since it replaced the Olympics, are we playing like actual sports?"

"Maybe!" The other teen said, and Rui pursed his lips. "But more often than not, it's about physically competing with each other, everyone from all classes in the first year. There are at least three rounds, and the first two are events that widdle down the masses into a manageable number. The third round is always some sort of one-on-one fight. Does that help at all?"

"Yes, actually!" Rui beamed up at the class prez. "I was really worried because I'm not exactly great at sports, so it not actually being sports is good to know!"

"I'm glad I could be of assistance!" Tenya puffed up, pushing his glasses up his nose. "Please be sure to let me know if you have any other questions, I'll do my best to answer them!"

"I'm good for now, uh," The boy stopped as a hand was put on his shoulder, drawing both his and Tenya's eyes to follow that hand up to its owner. Yaoyorozu smiled. 

"Are we ready to go get lunch, Yasuda?" She questioned. He nodded with a hum, getting up from his seat and glancing over at where the other portion of their trio was. 

"Ojiro, you coming with us today?" Rui called over, and the person turned to holler back. 

"Yeah, be right there!"

"Thanks for checking in on me, Tenya, it was really helpful," Rui returned his attention to the class rep, holding out his fist for a fist bump. "I'll let you know if there's anything else I don't understand."

"Of course, have a good lunch," Tenya nodded, bumping his fist against Rui's before the brunette and Yaoyorozu made their way over to the door, where they were met by Ojiro. As Tenya watched this, he for some reason felt sour about how that interaction had ended. Maybe it was because he was planning on inviting Rui to eat lunch with him, Midoriya and Uraraka, or maybe it had been the slight warning in Yaoyorozu's smile to back off. 

Either way, the feeling only made Tenya more determined to ask Rui to eat with him, definitely just so that they could have more time to discuss anything the brunette was confused about, certainly not because Tenya wanted to spend quality time with one of the only people that actually used his first name and one of the only people besides Midoriya and Uraraka that he truly enjoyed being around. 

The entire time that he walked with Uraraka and Midoriya to the cafeteria, learning about Uraraka's ambition, and losing the greenette to All Might for lunch, Tenya couldn't help but wish he had been successful in inviting Rui to have lunch with them. 

Meanwhile, in the cafeteria, Rui, Yaoyorozu and Ojiro had found themselves some seats. "I never got the chance to ask, but are you okay Yasuda?" Yaoyorozu asked, causing him to raise his eyebrows in confusion. 

"Huh?"

"The USJ attack, I mean," She rephrased, sucking her lips into her mouth for a moment as her eyes darted nervously. "You and Midoriya were the only ones that had to go to Recovery Girl, so I wanted to make sure you were okay."

"Oh, yeah!" Rui brightened immediately. "I'm great! My guardian fixed me up when I got home, his quirk is pretty neat and doesn't really have any drawbacks like draining stamina like Recovery Girl's quirk does. I'm fit as a fiddle!" He made a show of flexing his muscles, causing the table to dissolve in laughs. 

It's not like I can tell them Tomura was trying to take me back with him, that'd be awkward, he thought to himself. Luckily, the rest of the lunch period was spent mostly chattering about random things, and then it was time to get back to classes. 

[Like this story? Consider tipping me on Ko-Fi! You might get a surprise~ Link is on my profile. Thank you for reading my story!]