prologue

by the time Vida was 8, she started to read minds

by the time Vida was 8, she started to read minds. it was a gift from her mother. around the age of 12, she had all the gifts from her mother and her father, Zeus and Hera. Vida is more powerful than her father, that being her parents combined. she can shape-shift, read minds, control the sky, and see the future.

Zeus thought it would be best to keep Vida somewhere hidden where nobody out of the ordinary can find her with all her special abilities. Vida was sent to camp half-blood at only two months old.

Chiron was then there to raise Vida until she turned thirteen. on her twelfth birthday, she experienced visions of the future. visions of a boy with curly blonde hair with a charming smile. some of where of this boy was being bullied and some where his step-father would yell at him.

soon after her thirteenth birthday, Grover, Vida's best friend became the boy in her visions' protector. and Chiron would watch over him as his teacher. Vida had told Grover as well as her other best friends, Annabeth and Luke all about her visions.

Vida's mother, Hera, had been secretly watching her every move and would discreetly shape-shift into a tree or a bug outside Vida's cabin. Hera had hated the idea of letting Vida out on her own. Zeus did not care about Hera's thoughts on their children.

Vida still has no idea who her father is. She still thinks that Hera had an affair with a human and that she is a half-blood. little does she know that she is the daughter of the two most powerful gods.

one day, Vida had heard yells at the entrance of Camp Half-Blood. Vida ran and hid behind one of the trees facing the main entrance. she could see a minotaur in underwear running after a woman, and two boys. she squinted her eyes to see that one of the boys was a satyr. that boy was her friend

Vida gets out from behind the big tree trunk and runs toward the people. "Grover!" she yelled loudly signaling for him to run towards her. the woman and the other boy talking and she kisses his head. Grover and the boy run towards Vida while the woman tries to distract the minotaur.

the boy yells the word "mom" over and over again. the minotaur holds his mother up and she turned to dust. "oh shit!" Vida said. Grover finally gets to Vida and she hugs him tightly. "are you okay?" she asks. "yeah. im fine" he answers back.

the boy before takes the cap of a pen. It transforms into a sword. "Percy! no!" Grover yells. the boy doesn't listen and starts to charge for the minotaur with his sword. the minotaur's horns hits his sword and they both fall to the ground. Percy then cuts the side of the creature causing him to hit back causing Percy to fly back, same with his sword.

Percy tries to crawl towards the sword but fails as the minotaur picks up a rock from the ground and almost hits him with it. "fuck it. im going in" Vida said to Grover. "Vida don't" he yells to her as she runs towards the tree she hid behind and grabs her bow and arrow. she fires the arrow towards the minotaur as he was about to hit Percy again.

the minotaur yells in pain while Percy gets on the back of it. "Percy!" Vida yells and throws the sword to him. Percy catches the sword. while he is trying to control his hand movement, the minotaur hits Vida, causing her to fly back and hits her head against a rock. Percy stabs the minotaur, causing the minotaur turn to dust.

Percy tries to catch his breath while trying to figure out where his mom went. Grover runs toward Vida and holds her, "no, no, no, no, don't die on me right now." Grover is scared. he holds her head in his lap while blood starts covering his hand. "help!" he yells. "Percy, go find someone please"

Vida's unconscious body lays flat on the ground while three of the other half-bloods run towards the friends. Percy is standing over Grover and Vida. "is she gonna be okay?" he asks confused on why she would help him.

"clear the way" some of the older campers picked her up and walks her toward the infirmary. once the campers helped her onto the bed, Luke and Annabeth come rushing inside, Luke grabbing her hand. "Vida. No, no, no. what happened?" Luke asked Grover, before Grover could answer, "come see, theres a new kid." a camper walked into the room, talking about Percy. "she fought a minotaur" Grover answered.

AUTHORS NOTE: thanks for reading and i really hoped you enjoyed

AUTHORS NOTE:
thanks for reading and i really hoped you enjoyed.

not edited

817 words