eight

Vida landed onto the ground where Grover and Annabeth were and hid behind an ambulance to changer back to her old self, "where the hell did you go?" Annabeth shouted at Vida, "i needed to save Percy, but then he fell and —" Vida tried to catch her...

Vida landed onto the ground where Grover and Annabeth were and hid behind an ambulance to changer back to her old self, "where the hell did you go?" Annabeth shouted at Vida, "i needed to save Percy, but then he fell and —" Vida tried to catch her breath but she was unable to say words in a full sentence without gasping for air.

Grover grabbed her inhaler from his pocket, he kept it safe for her in case of an emergency, he passed her the inhaler and she used it. she finally caught her breath, "come on, lets go get Percy" Vida said, "he's alive?" Grover said with relief, "yes. well i think so. i dropped him in the river so the fall damage could've killed him. but i was an eagle" Vida said casually, "is this like a daily occurrence now? you just start shapeshifting?" Grover asked with confusion but curious.

the officers looked toward the three like they were suspicious, "lets go, before we go to jail" Vida said as they looked around, "Percy!" Annabeth and Grover shouted repeatedly, "fish boy!" Vida shouted, in search of Percy. the other two looked toward her direction, "what its a cute name" Vida shrugged.

Vida turned one way but immediately stopped. Percy was hopping onto the pier, "hi" he squinted but trying to defuse the tension, "look, i'm sorry about shoving you in the stairwell. even hearing myself say that sounds really bad, but i just— i knew you'd never agree, and there wasn't enough time-" Vida walked until she ran, she wrapped her arms Percy. his arms then reach toward her back, he tightened his grip while she gripped hers tighter.

"you moron!" Vida yelled at him and pushed him slightly, "why did you do that?! you scared me! you're so lucky i can shapeshift" Vida said, "okay, im sorry. thank you for saving me" Percy said, Vida wrapped her arms around again but then Grover and Annabeth cleared their throats, "so...you're not as dead as we thought you'd be." Grover said as Vida stepped away from Percy.

"surprise" Percy smirked, "what happened?" Grover asked, "short version, we need to go to Santa Monica" Percy said, "what, like now?" Grover exclaimed, "my father's gonna meet me there. he's gonna help us." Percy looked at Vida as she was thinking. she needed to think. "okay. uh, just one problem with this plan. the police think we crashed an Amtrak train and then did that." Grover explained as the four looked up at the arch.

"im hungry. ill meet you guys in a little. i'm going to go get some food from that cafe" Vida said as she gestured to the cafe near them. "here. be careful." Percy said and gave her US dollars out of his pocket since she only had a few drachmas, "its a bit wet but you it will dry" he shrugged, "thank you" Vida smiled, "do you guys want anything?" the boys shook their heads and Annabeth said, "let me go with you" she said.

the two girls walked into the cafe, "so, what was that with Percy?" Annabeth asked, "nothing, i swear. it was just a friendly hug" Vida tried to hide her smile, "friends dont hug like that, also so much has been happening with you two today, do you like him?" Annabeth got excited, "i dont know. im with Luke but i cant like Percy" Vida explained, "thats okay. do you want me to read the menu for you?" Annabeth offered, "yes, please"