six

Vida laid next to Percy while Grover and Annabeth were on the beds, Vida laid on her back as well did Percy

Vida laid next to Percy while Grover and Annabeth were on the beds, Vida laid on her back as well did Percy. Grover's snoring got louder and louder while Annabeth was peacefully sleeping on her side. Vida played with her fingers and put her headphones in. she turned the song, "Wisemen" by Frank Ocean on and she just felt connected.

her mother would be so proud of her right now.  Vida just knows that her mother would do anything to see her in person. a tear slipped down from the corner of Vida's eye, falling from the side of her face. Percy had just woken up and looked over at her to see the tear falling.

he rolled onto his side and balances himself with hand on his face and his elbow on the ground. he reached over and wiped the tear off her face. he admired her looks, he knew that she was the most beautiful person he has ever seen but he doesn't want to accept that he thinks that. Vida turned her head and smiled. "thank you" she said quietly and he hummed in a of course way.

Percy laid back onto his back and exhaled heavily in nervousness. Vida takes her headphones out and sighed. "hey. you and Thalia were really close, right?" he asked, playing with his fingers. "kind of. cause shes my sister and all" Vida responded trying not to wake Annabeth up while she knew Grover would sleep through anything.

"what was she like?" he asked, "why are you asking?" she rolls over to face him as he did the same thing, "she was the last forbidden kid before me, right? she must've dealt with the same kind of stuff." he quietly whispered, "she was tough. i mean, she knew she was a forbidden kid, she just didn't care. when luke and thalia came to camp, luke comforted me, he helped me. but thalia, she didnt trust me, i didnt trust her either"

"is this why you have mixed feelings about me?i have to gain your trust too?" Percy asked, his eyes slowly went down her eyes to the necklace on her neck, she was playing with it, as a coping mechanism."yeah. maybe" she replied darting her eyes to the wall behind him so she doesnt have to stare into his eyes, "i gotta say, that doesnt make a lot of sense to me"

Percy grabbed her chin gently, and slowly moved it to where her eyes were to connect to his. a piece of loose hair flowed onto her face, he tucked it behind her ear. she smirked and slightly eased into his hand. he laid his hand onto her face, cupping her cheek. his thumb rubbing and caressing it. she felt safe. she felt loved. she felt enough.

she felt love. she felt something. something so funny to her because she felt it once but didnt know that it couldnt happen again. she felt like she is someone to someone.

"what doesn't make sense to you?" she mumbled, "the way you guys all talk. the way the gods want us to think. gotta burn an offering to get a parent's attention. gotta beat up on Clarisse just to get my father to admit he's my father. it isnt supposed to work that way. people who are close to you aren't supposed to treat you that way" Percy sighed.

"thats how it is. i was a gift to my mother. the perfect daughter to her. we're born from a thought in her mind, and then given to someone she feels safe with, Chiron. and for a while, i was treated as one of you, a demi-god. i was treated like a gift from a mother i dont even remember. Zeus hated me. he never loved me, hes the one who wanted me gone in the first place. but my mom, she loved me" Vida played with her charm bracelet that her mother gave her when she was a baby that grew as she got older.