three

it was the next morning and luke and percy were walking around other campers who were training for capture the flag

it was the next morning and luke and percy were walking around other campers who were training for capture the flag. "youre gonna love this. camp-wise, mockwarfare, all glory to the victors. annabeths the head counselor of the athena cabin. her and vida led our team to three straight wins. been a long time since anyones won a fourth"

"they were both there in the bathroom. they said theyd been waiting for it to happen" percy says. "annabeth sees the world differently. always six steps ahead of everyone else. vida sees the world as her own little pet and anyone who needs help she will help unless they threaten her world. you should them a break"

"whose side are you on, anyway?" percy asks squinting at annabeth. "oh, theirs, always. shes my little sister and well vida is my girlfriend. maybe i should back up" luke sighs.

every camper was now in the woods with their armor on and with their flags

every camper was now in the woods with their armor on and with their flags. "the first team to retrieve the opposing flat and return it across the river shall be the victor. as always, there will be no maiming and no killing. i trust these rules will be respected. any magical items you may possess, are permitted as well. every camper who is not injured has to play. prisoners may be disarmed but may not be bound or gagged. let the games begin" Chiron announces as the horn was blown.

everyone did their battle cry while vida was standing next to luke holding his hand in amusement. "im gonna need a sword" percy says frightened. "dont worry, percy. ill keep you safe" vida turns to him and kisses his cheek causing him to blush. luke tensed up but knows vida would never be disloyal toward him or so he thinks.

annabeth walks up toward the couple. "all right. we have 20 minutes before the second conch and game-on. you know what youre doing?" she asks toward luke. "yes, ma'am" he obeys. "hey. today feel like a winning kind of day to you?" she asks to vida and luke. "we'll see you on the other side" vida says and walks with luke. "company. move out"

"be careful" luke nods to vida and pecks her lips. "you too. annabeth, your on your own" vida responds. "ill take my cabin area with percy" vida adds in. annabeth nods while percy and vida start walking on trail. percy falls over a branch and vida starts laughing, trying to hide her smile. "im fine, thanks. but i appreciate you, you know, standing there laughing"