four

a group of demi-gods were now gathered together for the quest picking

a group of demi-gods were now gathered together for the quest picking. "the oracle has confirmed what we expected, that this quest will proceed toward the underworld, where you will confront the god who has rebelled against his brothers. Hades. the entrance to Hades's domain lied under the city of Los Angeles. this is where you will journey to. time is short. i have selected our most compelling candidates, from which you will choose three to join you on this quest and ensure that we succeed" Chiron says.

"Vida" Percy shouted out. "customarily, one waits to at least hear a name or two before choosing. are you sure you dont wanna hear more?" Chiron asks. "this thing, Zeus's master bolt, we need to get it back, right?" Percy asks. "yes." "and its gonna be hard to get, yes?" he says. "extraordinarily" chiron says.

"and if the mission required someone to push me down a flight of stairs for it to succeed...you'd want someone who wont hesitate when they do it" Percy says. "the first quest-mate shall be Vida Sade!" Chiron announces. Vida smiles and looks at Percy with glory in both of their eyes.

"now, on to the other candidates" Chiron says, "Annabeth" Percy says. "shes strong and cool" Percy says. "the second quest-mate shall be Annabeth Chase!" Chiron announces. "one more, Percy" Chiron says.

a kiss goodbye from luke to vida, then the four were off

a kiss goodbye from luke to vida, then the four were off. Grover, Annabeth, Vida, and Percy were off to save the world. Annabeth and Vida stopped by a tree. Vida hugged the tree then sat against the tall tree watching the two boys.

"shes really gonna miss that tree, huh?" percy asks gesturing towards annabeth who was always hugging the tree. "when annabeth first arrived here with Thalia and Luke, they were being chased by monsters. agents of Hades. sisters." Grover explained. "furies. Mrs. Dodds?" percy caught on.

"yes. one was out algebra teacher. Alecto. Thalia turned back to fight to buy her friends some time. her satyr protector tried to stop her, but she wouldnt listen. so, at the last moment...Zeus intervened to save her life and...changed her form. also, Thalia is Vida's step-sister, they grew up together."

"the most powerful being in the universe's best idea to save his daughters life...was to turn her into a tree?" percy asked. "she was the bravest demigod i ever knew. she was my sister" vida butted in. "she fought valiantly, and she met a hero's fate" annabeth said walking towards the other three. "she met a pinecones fate"