one

"welcome to camp, Percy Jackson

"welcome to camp, Percy Jackson. we've been expecting you." Chiron said as Percy started to wake up.

as Vida wakes up, she hears a groaning noise

as Vida wakes up, she hears a groaning noise. there was thunder and lightning and Annabeth watching over the boy, Perseus. Vida stands next to Annabeth as the boy started to wake. "where am I?" he asks confused as two figures watch over him. "you smile when you sleep." Vida says as he falls back into a slumber.

" Vida says as he falls back into a slumber

"D, Pepsi is so much better than Coke. fight me all you want, i won't change my mind" Vida says to Dionysus. "all your saying is going in one ear and out the other." D says. "haha so funny you wine sucki-" before Vida can say something she could regret, Percy walks in interrupting her.

"excuse me? i'm Percy Jackson, i'm new here." Percy says staring at Vida in disbelief of her beauty. "Peter Johnson is here!" D yells. "God, could you get any louder" Vida covers her ears. "'kay. that isn't...really my name. i guess i'm looking for the office. or whoever's in charge, so..." Grover runs in, yelling for him to wait. "Percy, um, Mr. D, camp director. Mr. D, this is, uh, Percy Jackson."

"yeah, Grover. i heard him the first time." Dionysus says taking of his sunglasses. "please excuse my step-brother. he's drunk. i'm Vida, daughter of Hera." Vida waves as Percy does as well. "thanks for helping me last night" Percy said to Vida. "you're welcome" Vida blushes. "uh, sorry about your, uh, head." Percy scratched the back of his head in nervousness.

"you really don't wanna start with this guy" Grover whispers to Percy. "he's starting with me" Percy complained. "Percy. the D is for Dionysus. thats Dionysus." Grover says. "what do you mean, Dionysus? the-like the god, Dionysus?" Percy started to catch on. "yes" Grover answers. "no way"

"excuse me, Your Highness? i think my dad may be around here somewhere. i don't know how to ask for him. i don't — i don't even know his name. but i think i should see him. i just... i think i really need that right now. can you help me?" Percy asks D as he starts to get up. "actually...i think i can. son." Dionysus smiles as Vida groans. "oh my god. you're so annoying" Vida mumbles under her breath.

"dad?" Percy questioned. "yes, Peter." D smiles. "it's Percy" Vida says. "exactly. now, before we get to know each other, there's something very important i want you to do for me, okay? in the galley, there is a bottle of 1985 Château Haut-Brion. will you go fetch that for me?" D says, proud of himself. "why? why do you have to he such a jerk,D?" Vida says to him

"is that really all you have to say to me?" Percy also gets annoyed. "the galley is right down that path. grab that bottle and i'll talk to you about whatever you want. you know, uh...you, uh..., me, who cares?" D says. "please shut up!" Vida says to D. "do you see how she treats me?" D asks Grover while pointing to Vida. "monster, shame on you. i'm telling Dad" D says. "he's my step-dad, not my real dad so i don't think he will care about me at all."

as Percy was about to do as he was told, he heard hooves clicking on the pavement. Chiron had troted in. "Percy" "Mr. Brunner?" Percy was confused. "uh, Mr. Brunner's real name id Chiron. camp activities director, immortal trainer of heroes, he is-" Grover was saying until Chiron had stopped him, "Grover, thank you. ill take it from here. oh, percy, this must be a lot for you to process"

"oh, no. its—its fine. i mean, youre a horse. my father wont talk to me unless i get him a drink. well, this all seems totally normal and reasonable" Percy said but Chiron talks over him. "oh, no, no, no! no. Mr. D is not your father" Chiron says while Vida hits the back of Dionysus' head. "i could be" he says. "yes, but are you?" Chiron says. "why must you guys ruin everything?"

"im gonna go work, or whatever, ill see you guys later" Vida says and walks out. Vida walks toward her cabin and lays on the edge of her bed staring at the sky, feeling connected to it somehow. she puts her headphones and turns on her cassette, playing "not strong enough" by boygenius until she feels a presence at her door.

Vida looks toward her door to see a curly black haired boy. she takes her headphones out and smiles. "i met the new kid today. hes staying in my cabin" luke says. "i dont want to talk about percy jackson" Vida sighed and laid against her bedframe. luke walks to her and hovers above her.

"you smell like pegasus" Vida says covering her nose with her shirt. "oh yeah" luke grabs both of Vidas wrists and grips them with his left hand above her head and starts tickling her with his right. "stop. stop" Vida was laughing and was wiggling, trying to get out of his grip. "please" she kept laughing. "okay. okay. ill stop, only if you give me a kiss" luke smirks. "fine"

lukes and vidas noses brushed against each other and vida pushed herself up for her lips to touch his. they were soft and sweet. vida had got herself out of his grip and switched spot with luke while she was on top of him and he was on the bottom. she bent down and put both of her hands on his face while he had his hands on her lower back. she locked lips with him again until we heard someone clear their throat.

the teens both then looked toward the door and vida had gotten of luke and onto the ground. percy was standing there scratching the back of his neck. vida wiped her lips with the back of her hand as it was covered with smugged bright red lipstick. "chiron wanted me to come check on you because you left so quickly earlier. now i see why. he also sent me to tell you guys that you two are now my tour guides" percy said in shyly voice.

vida hit lukes leg signaling for him to get up which he obeyed, "oh okay. thanks for telling me" vida said. "sorry for interrupting you guys sucking faces. im gonna go" percy said looking down embarrassed and awkward while walking away. "why didnt you close the door behind you?" vida whispered yelled at luke. "were in the middle of the woods at night. i didnt think anybody would come over here" luke whispered yelled back.

 i didnt think anybody would come over here" luke whispered yelled back

AUTHORS NOTE:
i rlly hoped u guys liked this chapter. im rlly excited for luke to betray vida and see how she feels in the end. love u guys 💋

not edited

1166 words