The misery

Buzz awoke in a daze. His head pounding and his vision blurry, barely able to remember what happened the day before. He rubbed his eyes to try and get them to refocus. He looked around at his surroundings, he wasn't in Andy's room, was he? In the room there was the bed he had been laying on, a sink, and a toilet. The walls were a dull gray, no color in this room at all really. There was a single door which had a small window, the window made of metal bars. Suddenly it hit him, he was in prison! A feeling of dread filled his plastic body, his heart rate increasing, a pit in his stomach forming. What had happened for him to end up here? It suddenly dawned on him, his memories suddenly coming back, but they were still a bit fuzzy. He remembers the love of his life being on life support and him going to the bar to drown his sorrows in booze. He can also vaguely remember him hitting an innocent woman on the head with a cross.

He chokes up, his eyes beginning to well up with tears. "W-what did I do to d-deserve this..?" He sobs, burying his face in his plastic hands. He couldn't believe this is what his life has turned into. He had it all, now he was stuck in prison and his one true love might be dead by now. He had fucked up big time, if only he never went to the bar. If only he protected woody like he should've. He doesn't know what to do, he doesn't even know how long he's going to be in here. He assaulted an innocent woman for crying out loud! His heart is heavy, filled with sorrow and anguish. He wallows in his own misery, taking pity on himself due to his reckless and immature actions. He sighs, his hands falling to his side. Hopefully the woman he assaulted would take pity on him, he was the great hero Buzz Lightyear after all. Who wouldn't worship his very being?

He stands up, determined to get out of here and get back to his one and only. He walks over to the cell door, he gives it a small tug, testing to see if it was open. To his surprise, it was. He walks out of the cell cautiously, suddenly feeling nervous. He felt like he'd be eaten alive by the other prison mates if he wasn't careful. He nervously walks around, exploring the place. He see's other inmates sitting at tables playing cards, doing their own thing, or simply talking to one another, nobody daring to bat an eye at him. He hates to admit that bruised his ego slightly, who wouldn't gawk at him, he was the great Buzz Lightyear! Anyone be lucky to even bask in his mere mortal presence! He shook his head, now was not the time to worry about that after all, he had things to do. He spots an officer and walks up to him, wanting to ask how long he'd been sentenced for.

"Excuse me, sir?" Buzz says, attempting to be polite, he didn't want to cause more problems. "How long will I be here?" He asks, a bit nervous for the answer, he felt it wasn't looking good for him. "Name?" The officer looks up at hm from the desk, glaring at him slightly. "B-Buzz Lightyear, sir." Buzz felt his heart rate increase and his whole body began to sweat from fear. "You'll be here 2 weeks." The officer says casually after looking Buzz up on his computer. "T-thank you."

Buzz walks away smiling, sighing out of relief. It's just 2 weeks, then he can get back to Woody. Hanging onto hope that Woody would hang on until Buzz would get back to him.