𝟘𝟛: 𝔾𝕠𝕠𝕕𝕓𝕪𝕖 ℕ𝕖𝕨 𝕆𝕣𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕟𝕤

"We're what!?!?" Athena exclaimed as she stood up from her seat at the dinner table. She stared at her mother with her jaw dropped as her palms were flat on the table. She could hardly believe what her mother had just said to her.

"I got a job at the hospital...in Forks, Washington. So, we are moving up north to Forks, Washington." She said once again as she let out a sigh resting her head on the palms of her hands as she watched her daughter start pacing back and forth.

"What about our house, DAD'S house" Athena accentuated the word dad, hoping that her mother would change her mind, though she knew damn well there was no changing her mind.

"Athena I am aware this was your father's house, and I know I said it would be yours one day, but..." she sighed as she looked down at her food. "Everywhere I look I see your father...and I miss him so dearly and the ache has become too much for my heart," she said as her eyes glossed over looking down at the rings she put on a necklace chain.

Athena looked at her mother and a small frown placed itself on his lips as she walked around the table and hugged her mother from behind "Mom...I...Why didn't you say anything?... It's gonna be a hard move, but I'm sure it'll be great. Where was it? Forks Washington?" Athena said as a small smile graced her lips as she gave her mother a small squeeze before letting her go. "A new start would be good for us, but!" She exclaimed as she put her hands behind her back and started walking around like a drill sergeant. "I have one itty bitty baby request from you mother dearest," she said in a serious tone as she turned to face her mother

"And exactly what is this "one itty bitty baby request" my dearest daughter?" Leilani asked as she raised an eyebrow at her daughter as she placed her hands under her chin and she eyeballed her daughter wondering what the girl had in mind that she deemed as a small request.

Athena bit her lip as she took a deep breath "I wanna go to public school in Washington." She said as she looked her mother in her eyes waiting to see what her response would be or if she'd give any reaction. "I've been wanting to go back to public school for a while and now it seems like the perfect opportunity to go back and no one will know us or about what happened here." She continued as she sat down and smiled awkwardly

Leilani stared at her daughter as she spoke and hummed softly as she closed her eyes in thought, It would be Athena's Senior year. "Alright, I will register you to be able to attend Forks High School, but if anyone is rude to you, you must tell me because I will not tolerate someone being mean to my daughter." Leilani said as she furrowed her eyebrows at the thought of people being rude to her daughter. She had been through so much after the death of Austin. She glanced at the scar that went over her daughter's left eye and at the robotic arm her daughter had as well.

"Mom, I'll be fine, I swear. If anyone gives me a hard time they'll have a nice close contact conversation with Greta" she said as she held up her robotic arm and gave a cheeky smile to her mother before they both broke out into laughter. "I'll be okay mom, I gotta take care of myself. I'll be turning 19 in a few months. Gonna be one of the older seniors wooo " Athena cheered sarcastically while rolling her eyes.

Her mother sighed softly and smiled "I know you'll be okay, I just worry for you" Leilani said as she got up and picked up their empty plates.

"So when do we leave for Forks Washington?" Athena asked as she sipped her water as she watched her mother walk to the kitchen. "We leave 3 weeks from today," Her mother replied from the kitchen. Athena almost spit her water out. "3 weeks! That's so soon, how are we gonna pack the house up in 3 weeks?" She said as she got up and walked over to her mother.

"The movers are gonna be coming in this week and next as well, so it all should go smoothly and be done fairly quickly," Her mother said as she looked over to her daughter with a soft smile. "Would you like to see the house we'll be moving into? It's gonna be a bit bigger than this place." She said, wiggling a brow as she dried her hands.