3. devious bird gets a valentine sweetheart

The previous chapter had some slight changes, if u don't check out the a/n, just know Y/n and Daki have been aged to 17  (Daki wasn't a stripper dufuq 💀)

"I wish all it took to become fluent in another language was to make out with some native speaker. With tongue."

The girl I had met 20 minutes prior had 3 different reactions at the same time. "What made you think of that?" she asked softly, trying to not to laugh. She was a real sweetie, I couldn't bring myself to be openly perverted around her. Only a tiny bit. 

"The term 'mother tongue'...wait- maybe it would be making out with a native speaker's mother!"

"EEEEE!" she squealed.

"I know right?"

I had been moved into this town for about three days now, and I finally had a little freedom to walk around and explore. I managed to get a part-time job at a pizzeria, which would start next week. Today, I had walked around town and met this girl, Mitsuri Kanroji. She was very friendly and talkative, so it was easy to keep the conversation up and we quickly became well-acquainted. As it turned out, she attended the school I would be going to when school started back up. We went to get ice cream and were now sitting on a park bench together, still chatting. It almost felt like a date.

"You sure have a lot of funny and unique ideas, F/l/n!" she smiled. 

I ate another spoonful of my ice cream "That's not even half of it.." I murmured.

"Hm?"

"Oh, I said that's a cool bird." I pointed to a nearby bird on a fence rail.

"Aww, such a cute bird! Oh look! Another one appeared, his little friend~" 

I watched as another bird of the same species landed on the rail next to the other bird. They chirped for a few moments then...began doing other...things. 

"Oh no! He's attacking him!" Mitsuri was upset because they looked like they were fighting.

"Um..Kanroji"

"I'm going to go shoo him away"

"Kanroji, don't.."

"Huh? Why?"

The bird finished and flew away. It was funny how he didn't last 6 seconds- geez that's a bird wtf am I thinking? It's mate looked about before taking flight too. Mitsuri let out a breath. "Phew, at least he's safe now.." she smiled.

"You really are an animal lover, aren't you?" I asked. 

"Yep! Oh that reminds me! I haven't told you about my cats yet, have I?"

"No, I'd love to hear though." I was grateful she could move on from the birds so fast so I wouldn't have to explain the birds and the bees about...birds, and maybe even the bees, because I would have to mention bees to use that phrase. 

She then went on to talk about all her cats in great detail. She was great company, and I already liked her, but I found myself easily detaching from the conversation and nodding along. I'd make sure to snap back and retain some things she said in case she asked about it. 

After about 48 minutes, I gained her phone number and knowledge of every pet in her household along with their dietary preferences and favorite places to pee. She received a sudden text and had to go. 

"I'm so sorry F/l/n, I've got to go! I'll text you sometime and we'll definitely see each other again when school starts!" she waved and ran off. 

I waved back as she disappeared. 

I became aware of the buzzing in my head again. It sounded like countless flies swarming in some type of intense heat. It sounded rotten and was way too off-putting...It hadn't left since I moved here, but at least Mitsuri drowned it out for a while. 

I want her to drown it again...

Mitsuri Kanroji
Hearts: 3/12
+ 6 gems

Gem bank: 7

Ciao bella~

Just wanted to a get a lil chapter out and a new interest introduced. Sorry u had to read about birds getting a valentine sweetheart and u not :(

Kidding. (i'm not, losers)

Butt anyways, how are you guys?

Happy earlier Valentine's Day! Here, if no one kisses u on Feb. 14, take this as a token: 💋 (cmon give me some more tongue)