Chapter 1: Alvin: The Body Snatcher Catcher

"Okay, listen Alvin, Kevin has no idea what he is talking about! There is no such thing as a body snatcher!"

"Yes, I know that, okay! But what if they do! Kevin said they are so powerful only because nobody believes in them. Their story is just so unbelievable that nobody with any brains would think they exist. Well, obviously except for me, which is why it is my job to take them down!"

"Seriously, Alvin? This is completely ridiculous! Body snatcher aliens did not come down to earth in order to take over Brittany's body and show kindness to you okay! She is probably just playing some joke on you or something, and before you ask, no I am not helping you capture it."

"But Simon, think about it! With this discovery we could become rich, and we could even end up saving the world!"

"No, Alvin, just leave me alone! I have to get to science class!"

"Fine, but you are going to be missing out on the discovery of the century."

I had to catch that body snatcher who had taken over control of Brittany's body, and had to do it quickly, but first, I think I owe a bit of an explanation. My name is Alvin Seville, the coolest talking chipmunk in the world. Way cooler than my brothers Simon and Theodore. Simon is known as the nerdy one who is perfect at pretty much everything that requires using your brain. Theodore could best be described as the baby of the family. He's super kind, but also extremely gullible, and it is totally noticeable that he's the youngest. We all lived with Dave on 1958 Liberty Lane. Dave is our dad, the guy who keeps us all in check, not that we really need him to.

On another note there's the Chipettes. Jeanette, the oldest, is very similar to Simon. She knows almost as much as he does and she's super passionate about saving the planet and all of that stuff. Then there's Eleanor. She's almost as good at sports as I am, and she's very straightforward. If there's anyone to go to to get the truth, other than me of course, it's Eleanor. Brittany, the last of the Chipettes, is the complete opposite of me. She is self-centered, obsessed with popularity, rude, and so many other things that I definitely am not. I rarely ever helped Brittany for any reason, but this was different because she had been turned into an alien. Brittany and I were pretty much enemies, but she had been acting super nice for no reason. The only reasonable explanation was that she was not in control of herself because an alien had taken over.

Though I would never admit it to anyone, I cared about Brittany. I knew it was my responsibility to rescue her, because nobody else would even realize the danger she was in. My plan was to run to class early and get Ms. Smith to help out. The smooth approach was always best with Ms. Smith. She didn't always show it, but I could almost always win her over with my charm. Almost immediately after I started talking, I could tell she wanted me to stop, but I wasn't going to give in to her complaints.

"Hey Ms. Smith, can I talk to you for a second? You've always been a great teacher and—"

"What do you want Alvin!"

"Well it's complicated, but I think Brittany has been taken over by an alien and—"

"Alvin, that is ridiculous! No, I'm not helping you save the world from aliens! They don't exist! We've already been through this!"

"But Ms. Smith! Listen to me for just a second. I've really thought through this here."

"No, I don't think so. I—"

"No, but what if all you did was assign a big project to two random students and it happened to be me and Brittany? Then I could do the project with her and investigate the situation!"

"Wait a second Alvin. Are you asking me for extra work?"

"Yes! That's exactly what I'm asking! Please Ms. Smith! I need more practice before the big test."