why have you forsaken me?

I'm so sorry for not posting, but school has been keeping me real busy and stressed the past week. I'm going camping this weekend so I plan on working on a chapter or so there. Also, I wrote this all on my phone instead of my laptop so please excuse the errors.
TW: typical zombie apocalypse behavior

Holding the young girl tightly in her pale arms, Eda ran fast as tears streamed down her face. Luz followed behind, sobbing, and didn't even ask where they were going. To be honest, Eda wasn't sure either.
An old friend of hers lives nearby, and hopefully he's alive. She was sure he was a doctor, a rich one in fact. She gave a quick glance at the girl, looking as if she fell asleep in her arms, and the blood blending as it mixed with Eda's blood red tank top.
“We're almost there,” Eda said, her voice quivering. They walked slower as they approached large gates, way higher than the both of them combined. Lucky for them, it was real simple to open them. Luz pushed it just big enough so both can slide in, and ran to the front door. The large front yard made the short run feel like centuries.
Looking around, Eda noticed how clean it looked, and how it looked well maintained. Luz frantically knocked in the front door, waiting for someone to open the door. A man around Eda's age opened the door. His wild chestnut brown hair pulled back by a pair of safety goggles, hands covered in brown leather gloves, and his hazel eyes brightly stood out against his pale complexion.
“Eda,” he said expressionless. He noticed the expressions on their faces and then saw the girl and the blood.
“Come inside, come inside!” The man ushered, forcing them inside their spacious mansion. He guided them up the luscious velvety stairs, and into a bedroom. Eda gently placed Vee on the bed with Luz by her side, whispering into Vee's ears.
“It's going to be okay,” Luz cried. “I promise.”
The man came back with another woman, no older than her early twenties, along with medical supplies.
“What in the world happened?” The woman asked, tying her long blonde hair into a ponytail.
“I'm not sure, but she was shot,” Eda explained, trying to get a grasp on what was happening. She was hit by the realization that she would have to tell Camila what happened to her youngest daughter.
“Is that…” The man's voice trailed off. “Your daughter?”
“No, Alador, she's, umm,” Eda wiped a tear from her face. “she's Camila's youngest daughter.”
A pang of silence hit the room as they watched the woman. “That's my eldest daughter, Emira, “ Alador quietly introduced the girl, who was inspecting the wound.
“I thought you were a doctor?” Eda asked. Alador shook his head.
“No, I'm not. I'm a technical engineer,” Alador explained. “Emira is a nurse.”
Eda set her head on her hands, not wanting to look at Vee.
“Dad, I need to further check her. Her pulse is low and breathing is uneven, so you need to get out,” Emira said. Eda walked outside the door with Alador, hoping to talk with him some more. As Alador closed the door, a voice startled them.
“Edalyn,” a woman grinned. Her blonde hair was pulled back tight in a pun, and her blue eyes staring straight into Eda's.”What brings you here during all of this mess?”
“Odalia, I'm sorry for barging in, but-”
“Camila's girl got shot, and she's just staying until we fix her up,” Alador interrupted. As much as Odalia hated Camila, hearing about her child being injured was not a funny matter.
“I'm so sorry,” Odalia quickly changed her expression, hoping to soothe Eda. “You guys are welcome to stay here then.”
Eda accepted her offer, even if she hated Odalia. Odalia walked away from them, going on to do whatever she does throughout the day. Alador leads Eda to a table so they can have a conversation.
Eda tells him everything that has happened over the course of the past month: staying at the camp, Camila and the kids, finding her nephew once again, the attack, all up to how Vee got injured. Alador expressed the same.
Apparently, most of their workers left once they got news of the apocalypse going on. His kids stayed, and along with some others that worked for them, or close friends. Besides Alador and his three kids, one of their housekeepers stayed, her eldest daughter's wife, and her youngest daughter's girlfriend.
“Fuck, I'm so sorry,” Eda spat.
“No, I should say sorry. You have a girl nearly on her deathbed,” Alador said, regretting what he said. “What about the others in your group? Shall we send for them?”
Eda nodded.
“Alright then, I'll send my so,” Alador explained, getting up from his seat. “You can go back to the room with Vee now.”
***
Hunter worked alongside Darius as they continued working on the car. As much as he enjoyed his company, he didn't think of him as a friend. No matter how hard Darius tried, he was just his mentor. Right now, Darius was just telling him stories about his parents.
“I still remember when your father was trying to ask out your mother,” Darius smiled, embracing the warm memory.
“What happened?” Hunter asked, searching through their toolbox of limited tools.
“Well, he was maybe around your age at the time, and I was a few years younger. I was going through some silly crush too, but your father came up with a plan to knock my crush out right under his feet!” Darius said. “I remember telling him, ‘Why don't you do that to ask Evelyn out?’ And oh my lord, did his face turn red.”
Hunter chuckled. “And then he whispered to me, ‘Is it that obvious?’ And I said, ‘Everyone sees the way you look at her, even Evelyn knows!’ After that, Caleb tried to use his plan to ask out Evelyn. First he took her to a nice garden, and when they were alone, he said some cheesy line. But right when Caleb was going to ask her out, your mother asked him out first.”
Hunter smiled, imagining his parents first meeting. “Who was your ‘silly’ crush?” he asked. Darius cleared his throat.
“Oh, just some guy in robotics class with me. He liked some other girl and now they're married and have three kids,” Darius sighed. “Can't believe I'm talking about my love life with a fifteen year old.”
“Sixteen,” Huner corrected,” and I'm sorry. That must've sucked.”
“It's all good, no need to get apologetic over it,” Darius said, leaving a silence between them. “You know, you were born just a few years later after they began dating.”
“When?”
“After both of them graduated high school, Caleb proposed to Evelyn and she accepted. Oh, I remember how furious your uncle was that his brother married someone so improper and indecent, but your aunts were happy for them. Maybe not Lilith, not so much. She wasn't really up for marriage straight out of high school,” Darius explained the story. “Two years later, you were born. You were a little miracle, didn't even cry when you came out. Your parents loved you very much, always making sure to spoil you with everything you wanted.”
Darius faded off. “Until the accident, of course.”
“Until the accident,” Hunter muttered under his breath. The day when He stripped the lives out of his parents, took his home away, and sent him to a cruel man. Hunter knows his Uncle was bad, but He put him there for a reason, didn't he?
Their conversation was stopped by a car speeding down the highway, braking loudly before it got any closer. A strange man came out. Hunter observed the way the sun reflected off his messy blonde hair, the black glasses surrounding his hazel eyes, and the acne dotting his pale complexion.
The man cleared his throat. “Is there a Camila Noceda here?”
“That's me,” Camila stood up and walked closer to the man.
“My name is Edric Blight, and you need to come with me. Your daughter is injured and my sister is patching her up.”
“How?” Camila breathed, hoping it wasn't true.
“She was shot.”
The words hung onto the thin air. Hunter felt his heart drop and the tears that flooded in his eyes, and the smaller scream that came from Camila's mouth. Before he knew it, he was in the backseat of a car beside Camila, on their way to see Vee.
***
Edalyn paced anxiously on the front porch, waiting for Camila to arrive. Her mind raced with the possibilities that could happen to Vee. Will she survive? Will she die? What is going to happen to her?
Before her thoughts got worse, a car pulled up. Camila ran out the car and up to Eda, with Hunter following her. Alador led them to the room where Vee was in. Luz sat by the bed.
The kid looked better than when they first saw her. Instead of her bloody clothes, a thin hospital gown covered her body. Her dirty hair was brushed down by her shoulders, as if she were preparing for death.

A death caused by Eda.

Thank you sm for reading!! The title is from the song "Chop Suey" by SOAD BTW.
Finally, I have added the Blights into the story. It's sorta muddy rn, but I'll be sure to fix it up in the next chapter or so. tysm for reading!!!