contigo queiro estar

ok this one took forever to write, Im so sorry about that. I'm moving rn so i had to pack up my house and stuff. and I'm tryna write two other things rn.
TW: mention of healed scars, past attempt, surgery (and normal zombie stuff but nothing is really mentioned)

"God, I'm such a baby," Luz murmured as she hid out in the Blight's restroom. She couldn't stand being in that room for one more second. The rush of people, the medical equipment, the silence,especially the silence, was just too much for Luz. It reminded her too much of her father.

"He's in pain, bebé, he wants this."

They had just arrived there a few hours ago but Luz left the room soon after her mom came. She just wanted to keep Vee with someone she could trust. She wasn't much worried about the other residents, there were plenty of other facilities they could use. There was no electricity anyway.

Hunter would probably be a better person for Vee than herself. I mean, she had tried to kill herself before, what kind of sister would do that?

Luz fiddled with the rainbow bracelets she had on her wrist. She slightly lifted it and stared at the long scars going across her wrist. A year has gone by so quickly. And to think it was around Vee's birthday.

Luz felt her breath hitched as she realized the date. She didn't know the exact date, but it had to been around the beginning of Septenber by then. Vee's birthday is on September 5th. She'll be ten years old.

Luz wiped the tears off her face and took a few deep breaths. She needed to find an adult or somebody in this awful large house. She stepped out the restroom and began to venture around. She peeked her head into the kitchen to find a woman with raven black hair, and tanned skin. She looked around to be in her late 20's, possibly early 30's.

"Excuse me," Luz spoke, startling the woman. "Hi, um, sorry, I don't mean to scare you. I'm Luz."

Luz stuck her hand out and the woman politely accepted. "Hello, Luz! I'm Katya," Katya smiled.

"May I ask what you're doing?" Luz peered over at the large amount of dishes in the sink. There was a large bucket filled with water beside Katya.

"Ugh, these stupid rich people. Before everything happened, I was one of their housekeepers. When everything broke out, I was trying to leave to get to my boyfriend, but they were all around the gate, you know? Anyway, they allowed me to stay here only if I continued to do the house chores otherwise they'll kick me out," Katya rolled her eyes. "They...they act if none of this is happening. As if we have no electricity, no freedom to leave, and the fact that the world is ending."

"That explains why the people are dressed so nice here," Luz murmured. She hadn't met everyone yet, only a handful of people. The first non-Blight she met was Boscha, who seemed to be the youngest's Blight's girlfriend. She seemed nice but a little cocky at the same time.

"Well, it's hard to wash some many clothes," she added. "And these dishes are taking forever."

"I can do those dishes for you, if it's okay," Luz offered. "Only if you answer my question."

"Really? Thank you so much, Luz! What's the question?"

"What's the date?" Luz asked.

"If I remember correctly, it's August 30th," Katya responded. Luz thanked her and began to wash the dishes. It was sort of hard with limited water from a bucket but she made it work.

***

Luz slipped back into the room Vee stayed in after her conversation with Amity. Camila held Vee in her arms and soothed her.