not even sure if this is real

Wow it took me like a day to write this. This is probably the fastest I've written a chapter. Anyway, this chapter is gonna be in like 2 different POVs (Hunter and Steves) I've decided to add a last minute relationship between Steve and Katya just to fill in some plot holes and the trigger warnings might spoil some things.
TW: Ever so slight mentions of blood, mentions of pregnancy, and standard zombie au stuff

He was not alive. He couldn't be. None of this is real. Maybe he's in a coma or just a nightmare during his sleep. Anything else would be better than watching Vee slowly dying every day. Everyday, Camila holds her hand and sings lullabies in Spanish in her ears, hoping she would hear them. Everyday, Luz sits anxiously for an hour, then she leaves the room. Hunter wasn't sure the reason why she left, but she assumes because of the blonde haired friend she made.
And Hunter? Hunter sits in the corner of the room, weak and exhausted. Why? Everyday he gives blood to Vee.
Both Camila and Luz both have O+ but Vee has B-. They couldn't give blood to her, and no one else had the same blood type. Hunter knew his blood type so he offered to give some to Vee. Camila was against it, and she didn't want to force this responsibility upon him.
It's fine, he said, Uncle used to make me sell my blood for money all the time.
As Camila took the blood from him, Hunter thought about all the possible ways this could go wrong. Maybe he messed up his blood type, or maybe her body will reject it. Maybe Vee will die and it'll be all his fault for messing up his blood type. Stupid boy.
***
Hunter waited by the porch for the others to arrive. He wanted Darius there with him, he greatly missed his company. Along with Darius, Lilith, Steve, Matt, King, and Masha would arrive. He was sure Steve would like it here.
His girlfriend, Katya, was the housekeeper for the Blights. He knew it was her from the way she talked about her. She just had to be the Katya he always talked about. From the small talk he had with her, she was getting sick. Apparently, she had been getting morning sickness for the past few weeks. Katya was nice, and Hunter could see why Steve was so deeply in love with her.
Darius was someone who felt like a mentor to him. An old friend who knew all about him, yet he knew nothing. The man who held him as an infant, yet he couldn't even name his favorite color. Hunter misses his stories of his parents. His favorite was the story on how they met. Hunter had asked Darius to tell him that one over and over, he was certain Darius was tired of it.
As much as he disliked Lilith, he sort of missed her company. He missed her scolding him for sneaking away, and lecturing him on how dangerous the world was. Although he had only known her for a month, it felt like he'd known her forever. Like an overprotective aunt she is.
Hunter never knew he could miss people this much.
***
Hunter watched as Edric opened the door for the others to enter. The RVs were parked in the front lawn parallel to the multiple cars the Blights previously owned.
“Hunter,” Darius breathed as he made eye contact with the boy, grateful for his safety. Hunter watched as he glanced with Alador, a sense of excitement in his eyes.
“Steve!” He heard Katya yell out before running into Steve's arms, holding her tightly. He observed them sharing words of endearment to each other, how much they kissed each other, how much they loved each other. Hunter's mind drifted off once more.
Before he knew it, he was back in Vee's room. They had been at the Blight Manor for a little over a week already, but he felt as if he was invading their privacy. Especially with Odalia and Alador screaming at each other almost every damn night. But his focus was on saving Vee, even if it meant sacrificing himself for her.
Emira checked along Vee, and her face made many expressions. It finally settled on a look of realization and guilt. Camila, who was assisting her, noticed. Vee was awake then, sitting peacefully while Emira and Camila worked.
“Emira,” Camila softly asked. “Will she be okay?”
This grabbed both Luz and Hunter's attention. All four of them stared at Emira as she stuttered trying to say something.
“The wound is starting to get infected and if we don't perform surgery to remove the bullet shards  soon, it may become infected and we won't be able to do anything then,” Emira explained. “I have no medical supplies or anything to numb the pain, meaning Vee will feel everything we do. I'm sorry but that's the only solution.”
Luz got up and ran out the door, slamming it and leaving them alone.
“Mamá, what does that mean?” Vee whimpered. Camila wiped a tear from her eye.
“It means,” Camila sniffled as she held Vee's hands for comfort. “It means that we're to remove the bullet from your stomach but you're going to feel everything and it's going to hurt a lot.”
Tears ran down Vee's cheeks and she cried. “I don't want it to hurt, Mamá, please don't do it. Please.”
Camila wrapped her arms around her sobbing daughter. “Lo siento, mi bebé, lo siento.”
Hunter wiped the tears from his eyes. He didn't want to be there and wished he were dead. In fact, he wished everyone was dead. It would be better then.
The world would thrive without the presence of humans.

_______

Steve walked alongside his younger brother as they walked upon the large doors of the Blight Manor. Beside him was Lilith holding King and Masha's hands. God, did they look so young beside her. He looked down at his brother, who was fourteen years younger than him. His tanned skin was covered with dirt and blood, matching his clothes. His eyes looked tired but his face said otherwise. The front door opened and his whole world stopped as he wrapped his arms around his Katya.
He cried on her shoulder as he held her tightly, not wanting to let go.
“I thought you were dead.”
“Me too.”
Katya pulled away and gave him a kiss from the lips he had been missing. He never wanted to pull away, he wished they could just kiss forever. He wished he could hold her for all eternity and just stay with her and never leave.
But someone disagreed. “Ew, can you guys get a room?” Matt said in disgust. Katya laughed and pulled him into a hug, picked him up, and swung him around.
“I know you missed me, you idiot,” Katya said, squishing him.
“No I did not!” Matt yelled out (He really did).
“H E L P M E,” he mouthed to Steve. Katya set him down and laughed.
“God, have I missed you,” she whispered to Steve as she hugged him once more.
***
Alador gave Steve and Katya their own rooms, as before, Katya was sharing a room with Viney. Even though Emira and Viney were full grown adults, married, and the majority of the population was dead, Alador didn't allow them to sleep in the same room. Matt was given an option to sleep on the floor of their room or sleep in another room (God, did this house have so many bedrooms). Matt picked another room, leaving Steve and Katya to their own privacy.
The room was one of the smaller rooms yet it was quite large. It was neatly decorated for a guest, and even had a bookshelf along one wall.  The first thing Katya made Steve do was to change into cleaner clothes. His were soaked with blood and caked with dirt. They did have water so Steve took a quick shower.
“My God, did that shower feel good,” Steve hummed as he walked into the room in fresher clothing. Katya laughed. She was sitting cross legged on the bed reading a book off the bookshelf.  Steve hopped onto the bed and stretched out.
“Steve,” Katya softly said. The sunset shimmered through the window, shining off of Katya's dark skin.
“Yeah?” Steve responded, resting his eyes.
“I have to tell you something and promise me you won't  get mad,” Katya laid down beside him, holding her breath as she awaited his response.
“Of course, Kat. I would never get mad” he said. Katya took a deep breath in.
“I'm pregnant,” she spat out. Steve sat up, his face full of shock.
“Are you being serious?” Steve asked, his face straight and serious. She nodded, and a wave of shame flooded her.
“Are you kidding me? Kat, I would never get mad at you for that. Hell, I'm the one who did it to you,” Steve held her hands. “Do you want this child? I mean, do you want to have a child in this world?”
“I-i don't know, Steve. That's why I'm asking you,” Katya teared up. “I've been here so long, I don't know what it's like out there. Is it safe to have a child? I don't know but I've been so scared, Steve. I want to have this child but I don't know if I could possibly do it.”
“The world out there is dangerous only if you are clueless. Katya, listen to me, we are survivors. We will survive. This baby, they will survive in this world. I promise you, I will protect you with all my life. I love you Katya, and I would never let anyone harm you or our child ever,” Steve poured his heart out. Katya fell into his arms.
“I want this baby, Steve,” Katya quietly said.
“Me too,” Steve placed a kiss on her forehead.

I'm kinda excited to write more into Darius and Hunter's relationship ngl. I have some ideas for them to grow and bond some more, and angst as well. bit that's forever away.
I'm also excited with Steve and katya's as well. If you've seen TWD, yes I did make them kinda take over the role of Rick and Lori. Imma need a name for their baby so if anyone has suggestions, I would gladly take some bc idk this was last minute. I also want to go into and expand mote into Kat and Matt's relationship as well, since Kat is his brothers gf.
also I'm not fluent in Spanish so forgive my awful duolingo Spanish. and Idk much about medical stuff and Google only does so much. forgive my inaccuracy. I fear that this story doesn't have enough zombie stuff so I really gotta kill someone off and actually put zombies into it, not just as a minor character.
Well that's for next time. after I post the next chapter, I'm not sure if it'll come out to quickly again. I'm working on a million things rn including this story as I got some art competitions and stuff but I'll make time to work on this. byeeeeeee
song title from Hello World by Louie Zong