tired of this body

I literally forgot about my testing and stuff so I apologize. like I had the next few weeks planned out as in writing then I remember about all these end of the year tests.
tw: animal gore (very VERY slight like just one word), alcohol

Darius wiped the sweat off his forehead as he paused from digging. Lilith had given him one job and one job only: dig the grave. That's all. For some reason, Lilith had been isolating herself and not even sleeping inside the house anymore. Every night, Darius worries about Lilith and the fact that she sleeps outside where she could possibly be injured.

Once finished, he stared at the hole. This whole time, time just felt so off. There was something that was forcing him to be what he was, because come on, who finds their dead best friend's son in the middle of the end of the world? Darius sat himself down on the dying grass and crossed his hands in his lap and just stared. He thought about what his life has come to but he couldn't find the end. His life was still going and he had to protect all these people because without him they'll-

“Hey,” Darius turned his head to find Hunter walking towards him. The poor boy looked like he hadn't gotten any sleep and he could tell from the practically glowing eyebags from his already deathly pale skin. He looked as if he hadn't showered in years, with messy hair and dirt and blood smudged on his face. He doesn't even think he cleaned himself after killing Boscha.

“Where is Eda?” Darius asked, hoping to distract him. He didn't respond right away, just the silence of the trees brushing against each other and the wind whistling. So not very quiet.

“The kitchen. She's about to drag Odalia out here,” Hunter said as if he were casually mentioning the weather. Darius hummed in response as his eyes focused on his surroundings. He just needed a little break from the chaos and his eyes ended up fixating on a rather large shed. A little thud in the shed made his eyes skip.

Darius stood up and slowly started to walk toward the shed, squinting his eyes to attempt to get a better look.
“Darius..?” Confused, Hunter started following him. Darius peeked his head at the foggy windows at the side of the shed and his jaw dropped.

***

“Why the fuck are there those walkers in that damn shed?” Darius marched through the kitchen and stared directly into the eyes of Alador Blight, who looked so confused.

“I'm not sure that I understand,” Alador responded, retaining the eye contact.

“We saw ‘em, those fuckers. About a few dozen in that tiny ass shed,” Hunter spat out. He was like a little kid imitating his parent.

“Wait, what?” Eda got up from her chair and slammed open the door, walking out to the shed. Darius, Hunter, Steve, and Alador all followed her.

“There must be at least thirty in there,” Steve mentioned over the audible sound of growling.
“I swear, I didn't know,” Alador repeated. “I'm not the kind of person to-”

Hunter unlocked the shed and yanked the large door open, letting a crowd of walkers flood out. Their arms reached out everywhere trying to eat something, and the smell was so horrid. The pungent sense filled their nostrils and practically burned the little hairs off.

“God, that smells awful,” Steve murmured as he backed away from the shed.

“What the hell?” Eda pulled out the pistol she had in her hands and began shooting each one, head shots, while the others smashed their heads open.

“God!” One jumped on Steve and scratched at his face, trying to get him. Steve struggled to push him off, but Eda shot him. They all turned to Hunter who was inside the shed, wandering around.