i could be lonely with you

God did this take me a long time 😭 this story has like nothing to do with zombies for some reason even if it's twd. (I mean twd was a lot of man VS man)
no exact TWs, just basic zombie stuff (but really none is mentioned)

The cat eyed girl walked on top of a floor made of soft clouds. Her short blonde hair tucked neatly behind her ears, and the chestnut brown roots peeking out. Her hazel eyes gazed from object to object, observing everything in her eyesight.
She walked outside on the front porch, even though she wasn't allowed. The warm sun glimmered on her pale complexion, but not enough to give her a sunburn.
“Amity Blight!” A sharp voice shattered her thoughts. She shot up and immediately went indoors, where her mother awaited. The frown on her face indicated that it was not a good talk (When was it ever?).
“We have guests over for now, so you must be a good host to them,” Odalia hissed, shoving Amity in the general direction of the bedroom.
“But I-”
“Just entertain them, I need that girl to get better so they can leave soon. I don't want them eating all our food,” Odalia muttered under her voice. The door slammed shut behind her, and Amity's face went to something her sister called a “resting bitch face.” An older boy sat in the corner of the room, staring off into the distance. She felt his eyes burning into her face, but she looked away. Another woman sat beside a girl Amity's age, holding her hand while they sat beside the girl in the bed. The woman whispered something to the girl, and the curly haired girl walked up to Amity.
“Hi, I'm Luz,” she smiled, showing off her asymmetrical dimples. Despite the awful things occurring, she still kept a smile on her face. Amity noticed the dozens of colorful bracelets on her wrists as she stuck out her hand.
“Amity Blight, pleasure to meet you, “ Amity sternly said, ignoring the hand. Luz put her hand down in embarrassment.
“My sister, Emira, will be back soon. She just had to take over the housekeeper's business since she's been sick,” Amity explained, trying not to look at the guests’ eyes.
“Don't fuss about it - I'm a doctor as well - a veterinarian,” Camila said, keeping her voice low. She continued to whisper lullabies into her daughter's ears.
“Oh,” Amity murmured before timidly leaving the room to find her sister.
Someone grabbed her arm. “Wait-”
Amity swiftly turned around, yanking Luz's arm off. She quickly fixed her sleeve.
“Wow, you dress so proper despite being sheltered off,” Luz chuckled but quickly stopped, realizing the expression on Amity's face.
“What is the purpose of this conversation?” Amity scrunched her nose, only to realize how rude she's been.
“I just wanted to get to know you some more. You know, there's only so many people I can talk to,” Luz smiled.
“Okay,” Amity agreed. Luz pulled her out of the room and sat along the wall. She pat her hand on the floor.
“How about we go to my room?” Amity suggested, leaving the other girl speechless.
“Uh yeah, let's go, let's go to your room then,” Luz stammered, following Amity to the third floor. Amity pushed open large doors to a room fit to royalty. The large white walls were embedded with gold designs, and one wall was filled with books. The large queen sized bed was covered with lavender colored French sheets, and beautiful pillow cases with hand-sewed flowers covered them. In fact, the whole room were shades of gold, purple, and white.
“I reckon you like purple,” Luz observed in her books. Her eyes stopped at a familiar series.
“You have every single Good Witch Azura book?” Luz squealed in excitement, turning to Amity who was blushing a pale pink.
“It's my favorite book series,” she muttered, flattening her already straight hair. More unfamiliar noises of excitement came from Luz.
“Well, what else do you like besides Azura?” Amity grinned. She saw the twinkle in Luz's eyes.
***
Amity had spent the past few hours talking with Luz. She knew everything from the day she was born to her favorite ship in the Azura series. The more she talked to Luz, the more she felt normal. A normal teen girl having a conversation…in her room…lying on her bed.
Totally normal, nothing unusual about it.
Her heart gave a fluttering feeling the more Luz talked, which eventually became funny stories of when her younger sister was born. But that couldn't happen, she already had a girlfriend whom she loved very much. But Boscha doesn't make her feel this way, does she?
“What does Vee stand for?” Amity asked.
“Well, her name is Victoria, but my dad thought it was too proper for a baby, and we'll, Vee just stuck,” Luz said. Amity heard the sniffle in her throat.
“I hope she's okay,” Luz said, her breath shaky and obviously tears in her eyes.
“She will be. My sister is a nurse and your mom was a veterinarian, right?” Amity reassured.
“Yeah, best in the whole wide world,” Luz muttered. She wiped the tears from her eyes.
“It's okay to cry, I don't mind at all,” Amity softly spoke. “If you want, I can show you my Azura fanfiction.”
Luz jumped up from the bed, and wiped her face with the back of her hand.
“Really? Gosh, I wish I could show you mine! I left it at home and we're like forever away and-”
Amity could listen to Luz ramble for ages and ages. Odd to think that about someone who she has just met. They were friends, just friends who just met.
***
Amity sat against her wall as she heard her parents arguing. Her father had invited the rest of the group to their home, and even helped fix their vehicles.
“Why the fuck would you do that, you idiot! Do you know what could happen? They could fucking kill me!” Amity heard her mother's muffled screaming through the thick walls. She heard her father answer but it was followed by the sound of glass breaking.
Amity pulled her knees up to her chest and rested her head on her knees. Her heart pounded in her chest as she listened to the fighting. They had no shame at all. Her train of thought was interrupted by a soft knock on the door. Amity opened the door.
“Hey,” Luz gave a small smile. Amity opened the door wider so she can enter. Luz stood awkwardly as she shifted her body weight around.
“Vee finally woke up today. We had a conversation with her, and told her what happened, and fed her,” Luz said.
“That's great, Luz,” Amity smiled. “And it's been days, hasn't it?”
Luz took a deep breath. “Emira said that she needs to perform surgery on her tomorrow otherwise she won't survive,” Luz sighed.
“But there's no medical supplies or anything!” Amiry exclaimed, horrified by the thought. A somber glint to Luz's eyes answered her question. “Oh.”
“I just wanted to let you know, and,” Luz paused to catch her breath. “I don't know what to do honestly. I can't go back there, I don't want to see the horrified look on her sweet little face knowing she's going to get surgery tomorrow otherwise she'll die. I don't know what to do without her.”
“God, Luz, I'm so sorry. I really don't know what to say but all I know is that Vee will be okay. I know she will. She will survive and you'll get to have a conversation with her again. Not tomorrow, but soon,” Amity comforted Luz while hugging her in her arms.
“Thanks Amity,” Luz replied. She pulled away from the hug and left the room. It felt empty without her. Her parents stopped fighting, which left a deep silence to swallow her house.

Thanks for reading!! This chapter is limited as I wanted it from Amity's POV but the next will most likely be by Hunter's and give more information on Vees side. also just tandom, i think imma add a relationship between steve and katya ive been debating thid for thr past month but i gota decide that soon. Anyway for now, byeeeeee
BTW title is from the song "Sports" by Beach Bunny