01

ᡣ𐭩 "don't go around breakin' young girl's hearts"

"pick up the phone you fucking bitch," saki grumbled as she heard the beeping of the phone line come to a halt.

"the number you called has—"

saki threw her phone at the wall in a fit of frustration, leaving yet another mark to be covered up.

she stared at the phone that lay on the floor, a huge crack was adorned across the entire screen.

instead of picking up the abused device, she tossed on her favorite cream cable knit sweater and grabbed her baby pink kate spade crossbody purse.

she walked out and slammed the front door shut. she was fuming. if she were a cartoon character, there would be straight fire coming out the top of her head.

she wasn't about to let her dumb brother ruin her chances at getting into the academy of her dreams.

despite the freezing weather and chilly wind, saki was not going to stop. as she ran down the street and turned the block, the dainty navy blue bungalow of rui kamishiro came into view.

saki had already rehearsed in her mind what she was going to say to her brother, tsukasa, and it wasn't pretty.

she stomped onto the porch and began to bang on the door. almost immediately, a confused akito swung the door open.

"saki?" the gaze he gave her was almost inhumane, "what the fuck.. why are you—"

the younger cut him off, "where's tsukasa?"

her small stature managed to shove akito out the way, and she made her way through the kitchen and into the living room where she met rui and tsukasa.

"oh hey saki,"

"answer your fucking phone, are you deaf?" saki's tone was sharp and direct.

tsukasa laughed and sat up, "i didn't know you called me, okay?" he meant the sentence genuinely, but saki took offense— was he mocking her?

she brushed her bangs back in exasperation, "tsukasa, be so serious. the admissions office never called, and you told me you gave them my number."

tsukasa didn't respond immediately, which ate at saki's already non-existent patience.

he pulled his phone out from the back of his jeans pocket and searched through his contacts.

"i mistyped your number.."