02

ᡣ𐭩 "save your tears for another day."

pissed off and slightly heart broken, saki sat at her desk as she waited for the early admissions office to permit her call.

it had been days since tsukasa screwed with her chances of getting in, and all saki could feel was pain in her heart.

"if you don't get back to the office after certain days, they'll give away your spot," she vividly remembered telling her older brother this right as she was pressing "submit" onto her admission all those months ago.

"yea yea. don't worry, we'll get to them in time."

tsukasa's words replayed in saki's tortured mind. he ruined everything.

she played with the ends of her pink hair and listened to the elevator music. this was her third time calling that day, and she wasn't feeling very hopeful.

the chimey music stopped, and saki swore the line went dead, but she was, fortunately, wrong.

someone had picked up.

"The Cherry Academy of Film and Cinema early admission's office, my name is Ichika, how may I help you?"

saki's eyes flickered to the call screen with a hopeful gaze. she quickly picked up the phone and placed it to her ear.

"yes, hi! i submitted my application back in september, and i was wondering what my results were.?"

the other voice on the line hummed, "first and last name, please?"

"saki tenma."

"give me a moment here saki, and i'll be right back with you."

the sound of the dulcet voice cut off, and was replaced with the same piped elevator music from earlier.

as she was made to wait again, saki's mind began to run over the probability of her admission.

sure she was late to respond, but it wasn't her fault. the whole number thing with tsukasa was just a small mishap.

'i have this,' she tried to reassure herself. her application was beautiful, they'd be crazy to reject her.

it's early admission anyway.. she could just reapply next month—

"saki tenma?"

"yes!"

the room filled with the sound of a heavy breath, "we're sorry, saki. you were deferred, but please consider reapplying!"