05

ᡣ𐭩 "i'm tugging on a leash"

the next morning, saki got up and immediately called the cherry academy of film and cinema's admissions office.

she decided that she'd get on the line, and go about her morning routine while waiting for the office to answer her.

once she heard the elevator music begin to chime, saki set the phone down and skipped along to the bathroom.

what she didn't expect was for the other like to pick up right away.

"the cherry academy of film and cinema admissions office, my name is ichika, how may i help you?"

"fuck!"

saki sprinted back into her bedroom and situated herself at her laptop.

"hi!" she cleared her throat a bit before proceeding, "my name is saki tenma. i was deferred a few weeks ago, so i want to reapply this upcoming spring, but i just wanted to know if you could tell me what the academy is looking for..?"

she cringed at herself, how could she ask that? is she crazy? do people even ask that?—

"oh! of course."

saki blinked in awe.

the sound of keyboards clacking emitted from the phone, and after one final "clack!" the office lady spoke, "i could give you a general idea of what we're looking for, but i'll also give you some other little suggestions."

"oh really?" saki was stunned, "no way.. i mean, yes, but, is this even allowed.?"

saki heard a scoff and couldn't help feeling slightly discouraged.

"yes, it's allowed. i'm actually glad you called, saki."

"you are.?"

"yes! many students often give up after being deferred. we're happy to help you out, well at least i am."

her cheery tone made saki's face brighten up. no wonder this lady worked at the cherry academy, she had an attitude as sweet as as a cherry!

"thank you so much! i genuinely appreciate you.. miss.?"

the lady finished the sentence for her, "it's ichika hoshino."

"miss hoshino! i thank you a lot."

ichika laughed, "please feel free to call me by my first name. well, i hope you write all this down, saki."

with a cheeky smile, saki opened a new document on her laptop and put the phone on speaker.

she's trying to pull herself together, of course she'll write all of this down?

"you can start."