04

ᡣ𐭩 "pull yourself together"

in the dining room, tsukasa found saki, who was  feverishly pacing back and forth while she sipped on strawberry milk.

he looked his sister up and down, very much confused, "saki, what are you doing?" tsukasa asked.

saki stopped in her steps and let out a scream, "i don't know what else to do? my first application was my best work ever. what other new thing do i have to offer?"

she pulled her hair in frustration and let out another scream. just a normal episode of rage.

tsukasa let out a breathy laugh, hoping to lighten up the mood a bit... well, saki's mood.

"hey, why don't you ask then?"

saki let go of her strawberry pink hair and looked at her brother with a narrow gaze.

"what do you mean 'ask,' i can do that?"

"just call the admissions office, and ask what they're looking for." he was hesitant in his answer, since tsukasa didn't actually know if that was allowed, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

saki glanced to the screen of her laptop, which showcased a blank white doc. she had yet to write a single idea down.

she nodded, "okay, i'll do that."

as tsukasa let out a sigh of release, he felt a strong force yanking his hair.

"ah, dude what-"

"you're certain i'm allowed to do this, right?" saki held a strong grip on the strands of hair she had between her fingers.

'fuck'

"yea, yeah! i am. i swear." his lips trembled a bit as he tried to come up with a believable explanation, because how would tsukasa know? he never went to college, let alone apply.

"uh, rui told me. yea, rui called his university's admissions office, cus he was deferred, too," tsukasa stumbled over his words.

it seemed believeable enough.

saki let go of the poor boy, and she felt like screaming into her hands.

"i don't have enough nerve to call and ask. i'm not a persistent fucker like you."

she mumbled hastily under her breath and rushed over to the laptop, slamming it shut with a loud "thup!"

'i'm going for a walk' saki thought to herself as she headed to her room to get dressed.

it's a beautiful, sunny day. why waste it by obsessing over school?

as saki dug through her drawers for some pants, she came to a pause and fell into more thought.

'i'll call tomorrow morning.'