1:||Oh?

It's never sunny in "Something New", which wasn't even a factor as to why Sans was always miserable. What WAS a major factor to his moods was the fact the whole place was empty, littered with blood, dust, bones, and clothing remains of the once peaceful monster populous. He rarely ever went outside simply to avoid the sights of the world HE had ruined, all because of a child blinded by bloodlust and the need for vengeance.

Sans was pitifully thin, not being able to eat seeing as A) he could not cook for the life of him, B) he had no food in the house, and C) any food anywhere else would be spoiled by now. He spent most of his days wondering if he should give up on his life.

The furniture of the house was dusty from never being used anymore, the walls were dull and chipped. Sans slept on the cold floors of the kitchen rather than on his own mattress. For some odd reason, he couldn't bring himself to go upstairs, partially because of the large portrait of himself and his brother hanging in the hallway.

Over time, his senses had strengthened, despite him not actually using them. So he was on high alert when one day, he heard the sound of heavy snow crunching underfoot. Sans scrambled to his feet and rushed to the front window, hoping to catch sight of somebody. Anybody. What did he care if it was a stranger? At least somebody was alive!

Hope swelled within him as he opened the front door and stepped outside. The gruesome reminders of his crimes didn't bother him for once. His heart thudded in his chest and drummed in his head as he approached the dark and handsome figure that stood before him, looking at him with a look of resentment.

"You... Look ill. Like an orphan. On a dusty street corner in a Victorian city. Sorry, I don't have any bread on me for you."

His voice was rich and deep, just perfect for someone who looked as he did. There was an amusing sarcastic tone in his voice as well. Sans found himself unable to speak the right words- of any at all, for that matter. He just stared up at the tall man in front of him.

"Huh. Never in my life thought I'd meet somebody who's happy to see me. Makes you a kind of charming guy, I suppose." The dark figure chuckled a little and it was a sort of sweet chuckle that made Sans's heart beat in a different way.

"You don't know how long it's been since I've seen another living being," Sans uttered.

"Feels like forever to you, I'm guessing. Say... How would you like to see even more living beings, hm? Make friends and all? I'm sure you'd get along with the guys in my group. All murderers like you. All... Killers."

"Why... Did you say the word killers like that?"

"Well. You need a new name if you're going to be a part of the Bad Sanses. So... I think Killer is fitting. That's what we'll call you from now on."

Killer... It made him shiver at first, but the more he said "Your name is Killer" to himself, the more it stuck. His name was Killer. Always will be from this point onward.

The dark man shook his head. "It still baffles me how eager you are to see me, Killer," he sighed. "Most people would be wary and cowering back."

Killer blinked at him. "Well... I'm kind of desperate."

"Yes... So desperate you'd do anything, I know. Speaking of which, come closer, I need to do something."

Killer took the few steps forward so that he was standing right before the eerie figure. Something akin to the tentacle of a black octopus extended out of his back and poked Killer's chest. It grabbed the small red upside down heart that floated above it and twisted it in a way that made Killer let out a scream of agony. His eyelights vanished and a black substance began to leak out of his eye sockets like tears.

But it only lasted a few seconds. The man had done what be wanted, and Killer's soul resembled a glowing red target. He looked into the eyes of the man who had done this to him, who was now smiling wickedly at the pain he had put Killer through.

"I am Nightmare, your new boss. You will call me nothing other than Boss or Master and will respect my every command. Do we have an agreement?"

Killer...

Felt...

Absolutely nothing. He didn't have a reason to deny Nightmare, so he simply nodded. Nightmare smiled again and took Killer's hand.

"Amazing. Come with me now, we'll get you all settled in."