Chapter 5: Aftermath

Everything where the Lookout stood is now destroyed. The puphouses. The gear. The vehicles. The tower itself. Everything. Katie raced over to see what has become of Ryder and the pups.

Katie: Ryder! Ryder! Ryd- - (gasps) No.

She walks through the rubble and ashes. She looked every nook and cranny for any remains of her friends. Then she sees Ryder's PupPad smashed. She picks it up and trembles. She sheds a tear and drops the PupPad and runs off. She  can't bear to look at the destruction anymore. Once she was gone, a paw raised out of a pile of rocks and ashes. Then another. Then an entire pup! It looks like the pup is Chase. He was covered in ashes, dirt and bruises.

Chase: Oh! My back! Ugh! (Feels back pain). I'm gonna need a chiropractor later. (gasps) 

He stats running through the remains of the Lookout, searching for his friends.

Chase: (calling out) Marshall! Rubble? It's me, Chase! Rocky? Zuma?! SKYE?! Sk- -

Then he hears moaning coming from a pile behind him. It was an ear. A certain fluffy ear. He recognized it anywhere.

Chase: SKYE!!

He races over to the pile and starts to dig Skye out. She looked like Chase in his current condition: dusty and bruised. She started to open her eyes.

Chase: Skye?

Skye: (coughing) Chase?

Chase: (hugs her) Thank goodness you're okay!

Skye: I punched a meteor as big as Canada to pieces. I'll be okay.

Chase: (chuckles) But where are the others?

Skye: I think I'm stepping on one.

Chase: Huh?

Then they see that Skye was right! She was on top of Marshall's leg!

Marshall: (moaning) Uuuuuuuuuggggghhhh.

Chase and Skye: MARSHALL!!!

Then they dug out their friend.

Chase: Marshall! Buddy! Are you okay?

Skye: Please, Marshall! Say something! Anything!

Marshall: (groaning) You're standing on my tail

Chase: Oh. (Walks back) Sorry.

Marshall: (stands up) Ugh. Where are the others?

Skye: That's what we wanna know. 

Then they hear a voice in the distance.

Rubble: Help! Somebody help!

Skye: That's Rubble!

Then they rush over to where the sound came from. And they see that Rubble is in the same situation as Bruce Banner when he was holding up the debris in the flooding room when Thanos attacked in Avengers: Endgame. Only it wasn't flooding and Rubble was keeping the debris from falling on Zuma who is trying to wake up the unconscious Rocky.

Chase, Skye and Marshall: GUYS!!!

Rubble: (serious) A LITTLE HELP, PLEASE?! I FEEL LIKE MY LEGS ARE ABOUT TO SNAP!!

Then the three dug a tunnel for Zuma, who's now carrying Rocky. Rubble got out the newly made tunnel just as the debris fell. Now the six pups are reunited. Bruised. Battered. Dusty. But still okay.